pale lager, pilsner, extract
Source: Don McDaniel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Issue #639, 5/17/91
The yeast I used produced a very clean, clear beer and I'd recommend it
highly. It you haven't gotten into liquid yeast cultures yet, do it for
this batch. The difference is tremendous. Also I feel the key to success
- The lightest extract you can find.
- Fresh hops or pellets packed in Nitrogen (only Saaz will do).
- Liquid yeast fermented at a steady low temp.
- 4 pound can, Alexander's Pale malt extract syrup
- 2-1/3 pounds, light dry malt extract
- 15 AAU's, Saaz hops
- Wyeast 2007 Bohemian Pilsner yeast
Bring extracts and 2 gallons of water to boil. Add 5 AAU's of Saaz hops
at beginning of boil. Add 5 AAU's again at 30 minutes and at 10 minutes.
Pitch yeast when cool.
- O.G.: 1.050
- Primary: 50 degrees