smoked beer, rauchbier, extract
Source: Ken Weiss (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Issue #420, 5/18/90
This is basically a nice light beer, but with a definite smoke
aftertaste. Mainstream, but with a non-commercial twist.
- 7 pounds, light dry extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons, liquid smoke
- 1-1/2 ounces, Tettnanger hops (boil)
- 1 ounce, Tettnanger hops (finish)
- 1/2 teaspoon, Irish moss
- 2 packs, Red Star lager yeast
Boil extract, liquid smoke, and boiling hops in 2-3 gallons of water for
45 minutes. Add Irish moss and finishing hops and boil 5 more minutes.
Strain into fermenter, add cold water to make 5 gallons, pitch yeast.
After 3 days rack to secondary. Allow to ferment an additional 3-4
- Primary Ferment: 3 days
- Secondary Ferment: 3-4 weeks