Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * April 1, 2003 * ST. PATRICK’S CASCADIA CUP < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Tacoma Brewers (12.229.104.252)
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 03:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone have any of their brews in this competition taking place this weekend? I entered my Hefeweizen (which please the masses at work the past few days), and my English Pale Ale. Good luck to anyone who has entered! I also volunteered to be a steward there...but I'm gonna tell them to call me by my middle name..so they won't realize it's me when they judge my beers. I figure they'll talk more honest to me about my beers if they don't know its mine. Neat trick, huh?

Can anyone tell me what a steward actually does? Thanks!!!

Bill Pierce (12.249.104.53)
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 04:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

At a competition the stewards help arrange the entries and bring them to the judging tables as well as keep the judges supplied with glasses, rinse water, etc. You'll enjoy yourself and learn a few things about judging. With any luck at all you should be able to sample some of the winners.

Robert Canning (131.137.245.200)
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have never entered a contest, can entries be mailed in?? There are no contests that I know of in Nova Scotia

Bill Pierce (208.57.122.28)
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Almost all competitions accept shipped orders. I don't know about the legality of shipping beer via Canada Post. I know the annual March in Montreal competition is coming up shortly but I could find no online information. Some of the other Canadian contributors to the board (Drew?) might be able to provide details.

Bill Pierce (208.57.122.28)
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is the info for you, Robert:

http://www.realbeer.com/caba/

Robert Canning (131.137.245.199)
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 09:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks Bill:
Once again you come through.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.