Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * September 2, 2003 * Fastest from grains to glass < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

JT (24.169.131.212)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this question gets asked all of the time, but I have to brew something with a 4 week deadline. I'd like to stay away from wheat beers, so I will probably brew an English bitter or an APA in the 1.040 to 1.050 range. Which type of yeast would be best suited for this kind of turnaround. I have access to Wyeast.
thanks

Jared Cook (12.237.202.50)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if you make a gigantic starter of the ESB yeast, I think you will do fine. I cant remember the number, but that one flocculates very well.

Bill Pierce (24.141.63.119)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The yeast Jared is referring to is Wyeast 1968. It is highly flocculent, which makes it popular for cask ales and other quickly maturing beers.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.