Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * September 2, 2003 * Am I the only one who's made the Bill P connection??? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Aric Datesman (66.92.234.8)
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill Pierce moves to Canada and the power grid goes down from Detroit to NYC and takes all of Ontario with it.

Just a coincidence?????

-aric.

(tongue firmly in cheek, good to have you back Bill.)

Bill Pierce (24.141.63.119)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I actually live less than a mile from some of the lines that constitute the "Lake Erie loop" (from Cleveland to Detroit to Toronto to Buffalo) that has been implicated as part of the cause of the blackout. However, I can't say that I'm aware of possessing electromagnetic powers beyond this board.

We were very fortunate right where I live, with the blackout lasting only 4 hours in our neighbo(u)rhood (I'll use the Canadian spelling). Other nearby areas were not no lucky. Toronto has said its subway and streetcar system won't be back in operation until Monday morning.

Belly Buster Bob (142.177.94.227)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 12:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was travelling at the time the power went out and my kids were watching a movie so I didn't have the radio on. I stopped once for gas and they had no power. They knew nothing of the power outage so we continued on and were sucking fumes by the time we found a station with power in Canton NY. Then we continued to the next town and the lights came on as we crested the hill so we stopped at a hotel for the night. We were real close to being stranded with no gas or hotel but got very lucky. Good to be home.

Bill Pierce (24.141.63.119)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 02:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way, I'm off to Prince Edward Island for the next week, where the lights stayed on. I'll be returning via Quebec and hope to bring back some Unibroue beers and Belgians hard to find in the rest of Canada and the US.

matt_dinges (65.58.126.3)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 04:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cool Bill-

hope to bring back some Unibroue beers and Belgians hard to find in the rest of Canada and the US.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you are starting to sound like a real beer geek...Want to mail me some? :)

Mike Kidulich (66.67.219.144)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 05:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We had a only a brief brown-out at the time of the blackout in my area of Rochester, NY, but large areas around us lost power.

However, having gone without electricity for 11 days(!) after the ice storm of '91, I'm just as happy to have not been involved, other than as a spectator.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.