Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * September 2, 2003 * Yeast and airport x-ray scanners < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Bob B (24.86.151.215)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

While at a family reunion, my father picked up some yeast for me. But I forgot about the increased security with all checked baggage in the US being subject to x-ray scanners. The yeast was in my checked bags and I believe scanned twice. One was a Wyeast XL pack and the other a White Labs pitchable tube. I suspect the Wyeast had a little better protection from the foil. Was the yeast "nuked"? Any road warriors have similar experience?

Cheers,

Bob

Jared Cook (12.237.202.50)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your yeast is fine.

Bill Pierce (24.141.63.119)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 02:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeast, like cockroaches, is highly resistant to x-radiation. I still remember in the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers where Commander Cockroach taunts Fat Freddy's cat by saying, "We've been around for 250 million years. After the nuclear holocaust when the rest of you are toast we'll still be here."

Gary Muehe (205.188.208.73)
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 05:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Bill, do you remember when Fat Freddy said "pot will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no pot!" How about when his cat crapped in his head phones!

I still think S.Clay Wilson rules. But what do I know.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.