Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * September 2, 2003 * Begin kegging 2.5 Gallon kegs? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Sail (67.72.226.177)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I have been kicking around the idea of going to kegs. My LHBS stopped carrying the pig pouches and I figure I shouldn't put off the inevitable.

The 2.5 gallon kegs are more $ but They will fit in my mini fridge and I can transport them anywhere.

Any tips on getting started with these small kegs and tips for buying them cheaply etc?

Thanks in advance!

Sail

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use 5 gallon cornies to keg my beer, but have a 3 gallon one along with one of those little co2 dispenser thingies, to take to parties.
Love the little kegs for transporting :)
If the little ones fit your fridge, go for it.
Worse that can happen is you get a bigger fridge, get some 5 gallon ones, and can still use the little ones to bring your beer to get togethers...

You can find the little ones used for cheaper, but ya gotta hunt more as they are harder to find then the 5 gallon ones..

Walt
----

GREENPUS (214.3.17.37)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's been my experience that the 2.5's and 3 gallon kegs are about twice as much as the 5's.
You might be better off buying a small frig and going to 5 gallon kegs. The 5 gallon kegs are just as easy to take to a party as the 3 gallon ones. The last party I went to I bought a 10 gallon Igloo and cut the top off. I put the keg in and dumped ice around it and wrapped towels around the top portion that was not covered with ice. The beer stayed cold in 85 degree temps for 24 hours without adding ice.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.