Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * September 2, 2003 * Bottled beer...Proper storage temp? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jim O'Conner (63.164.170.23)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is an acceptable temp range for storing bottled ale?

Doug Pescatore (141.232.1.10)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

62.153F

or

The temperature range of your closet.

-Doug

big earl (209.222.26.27)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

72F-33F

>"or
>The temperature range of your closet"

Beer-Boy on the Loose (66.134.121.210)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe Fredrik will create a model to predict the proper storage temperature. The model would be dependent upon at least 473 variables, such as the level of tri-saccharides, glycogen uptake by yeast cell membranes, the sliding enzymatic bubble scale, and the average rate of foam dissipation on beers in Scandinavia during the month of August.

In the meantime, I recommend the temperature range of your closet.

Doug Pescatore (141.232.1.10)
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I once put about a case of honey ale in my car top carrier because I had no room in the car on a trip from Florida to the Jersey shore. I figure they must have been in the 90s for the better part of 2 days while driving the family up there. The funny thing is that they were crystal clear by the time we got up there. They made the rest of the batch that was in the car look like a young wheat beer (actually the beer in the car was very clear, but nowhere near as clear as the cartop bottles). They tasted about the same. I figure the warm temps kicked the crap out of any yeast that was not ready to give up or turned the crud on the bottom inro cement or something....

-Doug

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.