Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * September 6, 2003 * CO2 regulator leaking < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Geoffrey Morris (65.29.193.219)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also posted this to r.c.b. but I thought that someone here might be able to help as well:

I have a dual guage CO2 regulator on my kegging system. I am in the
process of carbonating 2 kegs of beer and ran out of CO2 last night.
When I got home from work today I disconected the regulator, laid it
in the bottom of the fridge and went to get the tank refilled. When I
go t back I hooked everything back up and turned the pressure back on.
When I did so I could hear gas leaking. I eventually tracked it down
to a hole in the regulator that is just above the screw that you use
to adjust the pressure. The pressure is at 20psi when I cover the hole
it immediately climbs to 60. I can feel the gas coming out of this
hole. The fridge is quite cold ~33F. Is it possible that part of the
regulator has frozen and if so is it broken or will it help to warm it
up a little?

Thanks.
Geoff

Skotrat (24.61.120.214)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Now,

It is likely that you have blown out the diaprham within the regulator. It now needs to be replaced.

No biggie in time or cost. Most carbonics places will even replace them for you.

Don at www.stoutbillys.com sells them also.

Good luck!

C'ya!

-Scott

Geoffrey Morris (65.29.193.219)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the reply Scott. Last night I left the regulator our of the fridge for a few hours. Everything seems to be working fine now. Is it possible that the diaphragm is still cracked and just shifted so it is creating a seal again. Or should I be in the clear?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.