Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * September 6, 2003 * Lama Brewery! < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok all....
Im bringing up the Lama Brewery!
Been around abit... not forever, but a bit....
Ive been tossing around the idea of bringing up a site about my brewing and my toys fer awhile now, and finally decided, what the heck...

Anyone whos brought up a site can tell ya, its work. Maybe not the end of the world, but work non the less..who knows how long ill run this one..;>
I brought it up to show people the toys i have built over the years and to help anyone interested in building such toys, hopefully helping to NOT make the mistakes ive made along the way..;>

It isnt a "this is how ya do it" site... its a "this is how I did it site"..;>

My opinions are by no means to be considered the final answer... maybe just the hunt for the final frontier..;>

I just brought it up, and ill be doing much more to it over the next couple weeks...

so enjoy it for what its worth :)

Ive brewed many a good batch of beer due to the info ive collected over the years from sources such as this forum n friends, and now maybe i can pass a bit of info back....

BrewON!!
http://www.LamaBrewery.com

Walt
-----

ps... the name? Lama Brewery? who knows.. started as a joke between friends and just kinda stuck..;>

chumley (63.227.170.195)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...What's a Lama? Could it be some sort of an indigenous American cousin to the Eurasian camel, similar to the Llama?

chumply,
reluctantly joining the spelling/pitching sh*t crowd since Walt has already bought his domain name.

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 02:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hehe..;>
Actually its spelled wrong on purpose.. what purpose i have no idea..;>

It just started as a joke with some friends right after it was built, and kinda stuck..;>

Sooo yea.. must be one of them animals similar to a llama..:)

Walt
----

Jeff McClain (137.201.242.130)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 02:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice setup, Walt. I would be interested in seeing more solenoid pictures up close. I have been thinking about doing something like this for a bit now. While it is pretty fun to flip ball valves while pumping boiling water and stuff, the novelty wears off after a bit, and then when I forget to bypass and take my 152'F mash to 170'F while I'm sitting there dazed and drinking, it is a real bummer...grin.

-Jeff

Beerboy (81.134.85.22)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walt, What's going on? It is asking for a username and password when I clink your link

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

huh beerboy?
Shouldnt do that..;>
That happen to anyone else?

Yea Jeff, Im gonna take a bunch more detail pics today. :)

Walt
----

PalerThanAle (65.168.73.62)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didn't happen for me... I like the Tap.gif you have! So any guesses what the man behind it all looks like? My guess is a cross between Bruce Willis and Danny Devito.

PTA

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heh.. actually thats pretty close..;>
Actually just added a bunch of pics.
I dropped in 1 pic with me in it, so you can see Bruce Devito..;>

Sites not a screamer, but itll do :)

Gotta look into that login screen BB saw.. thats another site hosted on the machine.. abviously have some kida kooky thing going on there once n awhile... although i think if that happens, you can type in the url, and itll work.. go figure.. aint technology great? heh

Walt
----

Ed Fleming (192.250.112.194)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Big hitter, the Lama"

(Cadyshack)

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 06:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ohhh billy billy billy.....

;>
Walt
----

Beer-Boy on the Loose (66.134.121.210)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad to see that the Lama Brewery accepts credit cards. Drinking your own homemade beer -- priceless.

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh hey.. if anyone wants to put up a pic of something they have built, and dont have a website for it... let me know and ill add it.. thinking of adding a "friends toys" page :)

Walt
----

prAna (216.17.204.121)
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

nice set up Walt! and the site's better than a lot that I see out there!

This may have been the last straw to actually push me into the All-Graindom!! Thanks

Belly Buster Bob (142.177.11.21)
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

more like a Newman/Devito. Great sit Walt! I believe I may do the same for my low budget brewery.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.