Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * October 10, 2003 * I've met the man, the legend..... < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Mike Huss (192.136.16.3)
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've seen the light, and it beams SSOS!

I had the pleasure of visiting with PTA and his family on Friday night, and what's visiting without homebrew?

He had numerous different beers on tap, and I had my first opportunity to drink SSOS. WOW! WOW! WOW! I loved it! Definitely on the short list of must brew recipes. He also had an imperial stout. I think I found a new definition of what stout is to me. I enjoy Guinness and the like, but this was something extraordinary!

And for the real question that all of you are wondering, no, he's not a cirus freak, and he's only partially as crazy as he is on the board!

PalerThanAle (65.168.73.62)
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, that Imperial Stout is better than I remembered -or- maybe it was because we had that after 4 other pitchers of homebrew. Anyway, it was great having you over.

PTA
(Legend?, Circus Freak? - :) )

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 02:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I dont know....
PTA might have just created another user name and posted this about himself to throw us off...

;>
Walt
----

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good One.... Actually if you see this name it is my ghost Writer - Little Caesar's Abdul.

PTA

Mike Huss (192.136.16.3)
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nah Walt, if he had posted that himself the praise would have been much higher!

My only regret was seeing the two un-tapped kegs of Denny's Rye IPA. PTA make sure to call me when those go on tap!

davidw (209.107.44.126)
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And here I thought you were talking about Charlie . . . .

danno (207.225.86.219)
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

or maybe Fred!

PTA, an Imperial Stout is on my short list of beers to make. Care to share your recipe? I have not made one before and rarely make a stout so I'm a rookie in that group.

Thanks!

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure, This recipe was one that won best of show. This brew is in the top 5 of the best beers I have EVER tasted.

(Six gallon batch)
21.5# British Pale malt
1.25# British Dark Crystal malt
1.75# British Roasted barley
0.50# British Chocolate malt
2.6 oz Centennial hops (9.8% AA--80 minutes)
1.8 oz Perle (7.0% AA--45 minutes)
2.0 oz Fuggles (4.1% AA--15 minutes)
Starter of Wyeast #1056 American Ale yeast

Procedure: Infusion mash - 152 deg until conversion. 90 minute boil. OG - 1.110 FG - 1.022. Age for 6 months or longer - if you can.

PTA

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.