Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2003 * December 31,2003 * Sealant in my corny < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Wm John Ivey (12.72.96.101)
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 03:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys, just got my corny's from B3 yesterday and when I opened them up, one of them had a line of sealant towards the bottom quarter of the keg. Is this normal? Should I complain to B3? The outside of both kegs were filthy, I know they are used kegs, but I expected not to do any major cleaning right out of the box. So am I being to picky?
Thanks
John

John From NH (64.223.182.100)
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 03:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got a keg from B3...though it was a long time ago mine was in very good condidition and I don't think that for the prices they charge that any cleaning would be necessary...Again, it was a while since I bought from them so this might not be the most accurate. Personally I don't think that it should come to you like that unless it specifically says that it's NOT reconditioned.
-John

Wm John Ivey (12.72.96.35)
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry Guys, After rereading my message and the lack of responses to it I guess I was having a Flame out about B3. Please don't get me wrong I have done business with them before and will be ordering from them again, I was ticked off by recieving a keg with sealant on the inside. I still need your advise on whether the keg is any good to use, or if I need to talk to the gentlemen at B3
Thanks
John

Bill Pierce (24.141.63.119)
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the keg hold pressure? That's the important question.

Wm John Ivey (66.238.8.34)
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes it does, it came pressurized, I am concern about forgien matter affecting the beer in the long run

Henry Raynor (130.76.32.21)
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would not feel particularly good about some unknown substance (sealant) in continuous contact with my brew. I would make sure to scrape/clean it all out. If that's not possible then B3 owes you another keg.
Just plain old dirty kegs are the norm when buying them used unless it's specifically stated otherwise.
B3 is a reputable place and I'd be surprised if they weren't willing to replace it if it's not cleanable.

Paul Edwards (199.46.199.230)
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm wondering how sealant got into the keg in the first place.

If somebody tried to seal a hole in the wall, I'd want a replacement for sure.

Wm John Ivey (12.72.94.201)
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 01:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Contacted B3 and they are sending out a new keg, they also want to take a look. On further examaniation the keg has been welded at the bottom seam, the silicon might left over from the patch.
I didn't know they patched cornys
Thanks
John

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 03:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes koke or pipsi will reweld em....
Seen it before..
But those things are set up to take 130 psi...
Personally i wouldnt trust one rewelded.
You did the right thing telling B3, and they did the right thing too...
Knew they would.. theyve been very good to me in the past :)

Walt

Chris Kugel (192.44.136.113)
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope that they are footing the bill for you to send back as well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.