Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * January 9, 2004 * Counter Pressure Filling < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Michael Kulikowski (129.42.208.182)
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I was wondering. If I have a high alcohol XMAS beer that I want to force carbonate in the keg and then counter pressure fill 22oz and 1/2 gallon growlers (with new metal caps) will I have to worry about loosing carbonation? And if so what is the time frame.

I suppose I could also put some priming sugar in the bottles and fill some that way and force carb the rest?

Let me know,

- Mike

Don Million (63.214.47.39)
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the bottles are sealed well then you won't lose carbonation. The only way to lose carbonation is for the CO2 to escape to somewhere. With any glass bottle that would have to be through the cap.

John From NH (64.223.176.37)
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wouldn't worry about loosing carbonation if you are using a counter pressure filler...that's what they are designed for...I fill cold bottles out of a very cold keg (slowly) with no counter pressure filler and I don't loose any noticeable carbonation.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.