Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * January 9, 2004 * Refilling a keg < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Wm John Ivey (66.238.8.34)
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay guys I'm in trouble, I'm supposed to bring my corny to the office xmas party and I've been taste testing all week to make sure everything is perfect, I now have a half of keg. Can I rack some more beer to fill it up? Any problems I need to be aware of?
Thanks
John

Bill Pierce (24.141.63.119)
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you want to blend the beer already in the keg with other beer? Why not merely bring the half full keg and serve it until it is empty? Or bring a second keg of another beer.

Wm John Ivey (66.238.8.34)
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill, I brewed 10 gallons of the SNPA and still have the other half in a carboy waiting to be put in my only usable keg. I didn't know if mixing a carbed with non-carb could lead to taste problems or any other unforseen issues
John

Stephen Deutsch (64.73.36.192)
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have done similar things - if anything the flavors are improved through blending. Just make sure you allow for yeast flocculation if the new beer isn't yet chilled. Force carbbing should be no problem.

SD

Jim Keaveney (64.12.96.42)
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Why not merely bring the half full keg"

because it is not half full, it is half empty.
maybe he should wait until the party is half over to show up.

seriously, there should be no problem with the keg beer.

Andrew Bales (65.28.61.181)
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 03:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It takes 3 days to get a beer up to pressure, and about 2 days if you add more beer that is flat. that is the only thing you have to worry about. I mix beers in the keg all the time, and sometimes in the glass too.

don price (65.32.41.166)
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 03:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get more kegs!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.