Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * January 9, 2004 * Tip for Oxiclean (TM) users < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Bob McCouch (68.32.206.76)
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 06:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many of us have experienced the dreaded "Oxiclean precipitate" that sometimes clings with great ferocity to the inside of bottles or carboys after using Oxiclean in a slightly-too-high concentration. I finally figured out how to get rid of it without any sort of manual scrubbing: Star-San!

I had some precipitate on the inside of a growler that I was rinsing this morning, and remembering that white vinegar had helped slightly in the past, I poured about 1/4 oz of undiluted Star-San in the growler and rolled it around. It was very thick, but I could see it dissolving the deposits. I added about 1 oz of water just to thin out the solution, and continued rolling the jug around for a few minutes. Rinsed it thoroughly, and it's spotless!

Hopefully someone else can find this useful.

-Bob

Denny Conn (140.211.82.4)
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 08:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or you could use less Oxiclean and not get the precipitate in the first place...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.