Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * January 9, 2004 * Lagunitas IPA recipe < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Streb (68.166.204.249)
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone have a recipe that is close to Lagunitas IPA? I tried one the other day and really liked it. On their website, it states that it is "...Made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts... " I imagine that a close approximation could be made by simplifying the malt and hop bill though :)

Beerboy (81.134.148.158)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 09:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts

That's just stupid!

Mike Kessenich (165.189.92.23)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Leftovers!

el_mocoso (206.222.221.96)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 09:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I toured the Brewery and there were only about 8 types of Hops in their freezer. can't remember which ones, though. I would take that statement as a joke.

el

Guy C (67.169.98.103)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's one of my favorite local IPA's, but I haven't really tried brewing anything to approximate it myself. I just buy it instead. They like to joke around so the 43 hops, 65 malts bit is just that.

They use Great Western malts. I think their IPA base malt is either the Northwest pale ale malt or the regular 2-row. The last time I was there I saw Horizon, Centennial, Cascade, and Willamette hops. I'd guess WLP001, WLP002, or something similar. OG about 1.059 and IBU's about 45. It has an awesome hop character. The hop flavor and aroma is superb.

Matt Walker (66.93.135.151)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice approximation, Guy. Lagunitas IPA is possibly my all-time favorite IPA, or at least in my top five along with Two-Hearted, Alpha King, Hop Devil, and Ruination. Good stuff and great to find it on tap so many place in the Bay Area...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.