Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * January 9, 2004 * Hair of the Dog.... < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just tryed a Santa Claws BW from Hair of the Dog last night...
Yum!!
Id have to say it was more like a strong IPA then a BW.... Nice n hoppy :) And at 10%, my kinda beer!!

Good stuff, maynard :)
Here comes Santa Claws, here comes Santa Claws....

Walt

Jim Keaveney (205.188.208.75)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just tried 4 mad elfs (11% belgian style christmas ale)last night (even tho it only took me one sip to figure out that i love this beer). I then capped things off with a pint of the brand new Victory Hop Wallop. I need some hair of the dog!

Travis Adams (137.161.201.253)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually that is "Doggie Claws" Walt. A truly wonderful beer. If you like that - I highly highly recommend getting some Hair of the Dog "Fred" named after Fred Eckhardt. Amazing stuff...
Travis

Denny Conn (63.114.138.2)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I LOVE their Adam! They sponsored the BW at the state fair last summer and told me to come by the brewery to pick out a selection of vintage beers as my prize!

danno (63.224.229.154)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry Denny, I claimed your prize last week! :)

Denny Conn (63.114.138.2)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DOH!

Travis Adams (137.161.201.253)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Denny and Dan - can either of you give me some help on my "Xmas stout" thread below - I know you guys have had Tsunami stout from Pelican- any thoughts? Thanks - Travis

danno (63.224.229.154)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Travis, I am not a big stout fan. I have only brewed it twice and the second time was from the runnings of a RIS. I'm enjoying one now as a matter of fact. The RIS was based on the recipe I got from someone here. So while I'd like to help, I don't think I have the level of experience with stouts to provide anything worthwhile.

Here's what's on the Pelican Site:

2-Row Premium Malt
Flaked Barley
Roasted Barley
Black Patent Malt
Willamette Hops
Magnum Hops
Pure Local Water
Pure Ale Yeast

Maybe someone can propose something from here. In your position, I'd go buy a bunch of the Tsunami Stout, sit back and enjoy it and try to think how to use those ingredients to make that beer. Worst case is that you get to enjoy more of their beer.

Kent Fletcher (206.170.107.30)
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 01:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had some Doggie Claws sunday night at the club board meeting. Very good, yet again! Also enjoy Adam and Fred (still have a singel bottle of Fred hiding in the fridge).

I'm driving up to Corvallis, Oregon, this Sunday. I need to pick up some HOTD brews for our club meeting on the 4th. Any Oregonians here that can suggest a ggod spot to get them without breaking the bank?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.