Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * January 9, 2004 * O2 Regulator help < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Marv Belter (63.163.230.67)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anybody have a model number or product description for the correct regulator that is needed for an R-size oxygen bottle? I bought a areation stone from B3.

My local welding supplier is having a difficult time helping me and says there are 100's of regulators.

Mike Huss (24.123.94.154)
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't give you a number but I was in Home Depot the other day and asked the guy working if I could buy just the regulator. He said you can, but not there. He recommended going to Woodcraft, he thought they had them. I checked Fleet Farm (for those who don't know what that is imagine Home Depot with farm and automotive supplies) but they didn't have them. Haven't made it to Woodcraft yet.

Just another option.

Wm John Ivey (12.72.94.141)
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 01:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you tried St.Pats? They do have the smaller regulators for around $13
John

Kent Fletcher (206.170.107.30)
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 01:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marv,

You need a regulator with a #540 inlet. This is the CGA number, and is standard for most refillable O2 bottles, with the exception being the small medical units. It's the same connection used for the O2 bottle in an oxy-acetylene welding setup. You can find them on eBay (got mine their - cheap!) or maybe pick up a used one from your local compressed gas supplier.

Mike, I believe you're talking about the "regulator" for the little BernzOmatic O2 bottles. I have only seen these available separately from Homebrew suppliers. MernzOmatic customer service says they are not available separately, FWIW.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.