Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * Januray 20, 2004 * 2003 Thanks < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Aaron MacDonald (66.227.179.8)
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 05:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sort of hate these messages when I read them, but I feel obliged to thank all of you for a great 2003. This board has absolutely increased my understanding of brewing ... and, hence, the quality of my beer. Although I am mostly just a lurker, this board gives me sound advice, and a wonderful escape from my job. One of my 2004 resolutions is to be a contributor more than just a reader.

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my posts. And happy holidays to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Aaron MacD

Randy McCord (216.174.177.137)
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 06:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, I started reading this board about 2? years ago and it seems that the people here have forced me to:
-do full wort boils with extract
-fabricate wort chiller
-learn more about making yeast starters
-buy a freezer and temp controller
-Go all grain
-keg my beer
-buy more kegs
-buy more fermenters
-brew 11 gal at a time
-ask dumb questions from time to time
-ask for new recipes
-spend hours on this forum
-hate swill
-laugh at PTA's humor
-take Bill's advice
-use b/p/m calculator
-get good recipes from Denny and Chumley
-and a lot of others
-druel over Walt's brewery
-druel over Walt's Belgium's
And most of all, brew great beer and drink lots of it. Yeah, I'd have to say thanks for all of this also, even after all the time and money spent. Cheers everyone! Now, let's continue on!

Tom (4.46.11.45)
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wish to thank you all for helping us newbies out with all our questions and problems. Youve been really great. I for one am here to stay.

Merry Christmas

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yup.. this is the place I come for info :)
My most valuable tool by far :)

BrewON!
Walt

Tom Greenspon (65.27.96.14)
Posted on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 01:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brewing for two years, built a HERMS and just put my first AG -- my own recipe -- into the fermenter last week. Would have been out of the question without this forum; sincerest thanks, and happy holidays, to everyone here!

Tom
Minneapolis

Chuck Denofrio (64.135.203.32)
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We never get to old to learn. Happy Holidays to all.
Chuck

Bill Tobler (204.136.184.34)
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My list is as long as Randy's, if not longer. Over the years this has been a great forum. I went from doing partial boils on the stove top in the kitchen to converting a 500 sq. ft. garage apt into an electric brewery. Two chest freezers, one fridge/fermenter, a kegerator and a serving fridge. The list goes on and on and on. Talk about diving in head first...

Happy New Year to everyone.

Bill
(At work tonight)

tobias magan (12.202.178.29)
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks to all who answer questions here.

And many thanks to the other newbies who ask all the dumb newbie questions two days before I need the answers.

Tobias

Fredrik (213.114.44.219)
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to thank to everyone on here as well. This is my first year brewing. I've learnt alot since I started, much thanks to everyone here beeing willing to answer stupid questions, play with ideas and share their experience.

Next year I hope improve my receipe understanding and make some good tasting beers :) My best beers this year was the weissbier and my 2'nd batch. I belive the second batch was potluck. The xmas brew was also good. Technically I think it's great, but the receipe wasn't as great - too much cloves to be honest, and to thin body, but off flavour wise it's as targeted.

edelxmas

Here's a pic of my #20037 honey xmasbeer in the edelweiss glass I brought home from Austria.

/Fredrik

Michael (69.132.111.174)
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, some good eggs on here.

Health, prosperity and homebrew in 2004.

Cheers.

(My New Years resolution is to skim the scum from @ least one batch in 2004. It will be sent to Fredrik for analysis, cataloging, and next years X-mas card). :>)

Belly Buster Bob (142.177.103.213)
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fredrik!!!you have foam! Congrats

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 07:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmmm .. that foam looks drawn in....

snicker;>
Walt

Dave Witt (172.210.195.108)
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have learned a vast amount about the homebrewing hobby here, too. I've been reading/posting here for almost 5 yrs now. After reading the above posts, I feel the need to make a donation to the server fund in the near future.

Thank you, Pat and all contributors.

Happy New Year!

Fredrik (213.114.44.219)
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's not drawn Walt :) It's alot better than I expected from a beer with about 50% honey. But still the staying power isn't as good as it could be. I've got alot of new ideas after making that one so I expect even better from my next brew, I hope.

/Fredrik

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.