Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * January 12, 2004 * Output from PID controller < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Swede (68.101.81.160)
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 12:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ran across a cheap used PID controller that I thought I might be able to implement into a HERMS or RIMS (havent decided yet). Anyway, the controller has a relay output (which I assume is a low amp output) but not a ssr output, could I still use this to drive a heating element......since you need a solid state relay to run the element?!??

Mike Mayer (64.12.96.42)
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should be able to use the controller, along with the proper ss relay to handle the higher amperages. Check with the manufacturer of the controller, they should be able to tell you how to wire the ss relay to the outputs on the PID unit.

don price (65.32.41.166)
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 02:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Swede,

Get the EXACT model # and download a copy of the owners manual. All the wiring info should be there.

Don

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.