Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * January 29, 2004 * Will this carbonate? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

JimTanguay (67.5.121.67)
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I have due to an overnight mash, a little sugar and a 3rd generation nottingham yeast cake a beer that went from 1.092 to 1.006 for 11.44 abv. I kegged half of this and want to bottle the other 1/2. Do you think the nottingham will do the job or do I need to go get some champagne yeast to add at bottling?
It's been in the 2ndry for 2 months. I am in no hurry for it to be drinkable... Maybe next christmas..

Brandon Dachel (63.238.222.190)
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've no experience with nottingham but with a final gravity of 1.006 I wouldn't really have any reservations about champagne yeast.

Bill Pierce (24.141.63.119)
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 02:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go ahead and pitch a packet of champagne yeast with the priming solution. It will be happy to ferment the easily digestible priming sugar and leave almost all of the more complex residual sugars alone (not that there are many of them with an F.G. of 1.006).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.