Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * February 18, 2004 * Polysulfone QD part numbers from US Plastic? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Bob McCouch (68.81.62.77)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone,
It's my birthday! In addition to picking up another case of 1/2 gallon growlers (and some S-04) at the LHBS yesterday, I'm finally investing in some good QD's. My brass ones suck!

I think what I'm looking for is what US Plastic (http://www.usplastic.com, NAYYY) lists as:

60796 1/2" Polysulfone Male Pipe Thread NPT Straight Thru - 1.76 Lgt - Coupling Insert $5.42

60674 1/2" Polysulfone In Line Hose Barb Straight Thru - 2.82 Lgt - Coupling Body $9.43

They are located at the following area of the site:
Home >> Tubing and Fittings >> Tube Fittings >> Quick Disconnect Couplings and Inserts >> High-Flow Quick Disconnect Couplings by Colder

Does that look right? I'm usually all for buying from homebrew suppliers, but if I've got the part #'s right, we're talking about a $20 difference from B3 by the end of my spree.

Can someone confirm that I'm reading the listings right?

Thanks! Woohoo!

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yup.. looks like youre reading right...
Thats what I got :)
While it may be a 20 savings over B3, the shipping will make up for that, and be a close race.... hehe
BrewON!Walt

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also..
treat em with loving...
While they can take awesome high temps, dingN em n hurting em with vice grips is easy...
N dont cross thread em..:)

Walt

Tom Gardner (198.81.26.14)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, what Walt says, although I just injured my first one after 2-3 years. I use female-hose barbs on each end of my flexible pump hose, and male-MPT on each piece of equipment (HLT, MT, BK, recirc hose, and CFC). So count'em up and order away. And use gloves when transferring the hot stuff! You can get replacement O-rings when necessary from McMaster. On the other hand you'll want to have some on hand because they really leak without one.

Karl Keyes (24.93.88.140)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FYI - In a pinch, you can take take teflon tape, roll it into a string, wrap it around the groove where the o-ring was several times, and it'll work for a while with no leaks. I've gone through several of those o-rings and have resorted to replacing the teflon homemade rings every 4-5 batches. YMMV

Prost!

Denny Conn (140.211.82.4)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy Birthday, Bob! Mine's Saturday!

Belly Buster Bob (142.177.113.30)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK Denny whaddaya want?

Denny Conn (140.211.82.4)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peace on Earth..and a selection of fine Belgian beer! :)

Bob McCouch (199.21.28.21)
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walt-
Did you order from USP? Will they get me on the shipping? How much was shipping for you? I didn't go far enough in the ordering process to try to estimate shipping, but I know B3 will be free once I place the whole order.

If I'll only save a few bucks in the end over B3, I'd rather give them my business (and I can tack a couple other small things on the order, then).

And Thanks, Denny!

-Bob

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.