Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * March 16, 2004 * The Place..... < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Walt Fischer (24.221.196.114)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 03:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welp.. finally got the new store UP n Running!
MAN.. alotta work!
But looking gooooood :)

Take A Look!

Next.. i bring in the LAMA n brew up the RYE IPA!!

BrewON!!!
Walt
Lama Brewery

RJ Testerman (208.31.88.53)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great looking store, congratulations!

RJ

Michael (69.132.111.174)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 03:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walt....looks great. Is that a Corona in your hand? Take two Belgians and call me in the morning. :>)

I got's to check out your website...

Do Ron and Jeff own the whole thing, or is this part your baby? Congratulations.

Kent Fletcher (206.170.107.30)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 03:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice going, Walt!

Hey Walt, did you get those 55 gallon vessels from a place in Mass? (they've got 'em on eBay)

Kent

Maxout (64.167.45.194)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Best of luck Walt, at least we know it's a labor of love!

Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 06:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heh...
Yea... wondered how long it would take someone to notice the bottle..;>
Yup.. cronski's..
Drinking Belgians woulda made the paint job multi-colored :)
Ron n Jeff dont own any of it..
They own enough already.. snicker :)
Ahh i think it mighta been Mass.. it was somewhere on the east coast..

Breeeeew!
Walt

craig white (152.163.252.67)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 04:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

whats in the carboys by the propane tank? is that a cooler for lagers? why doesnt the guy on the far right have any paint on him? he doesnt deserve a beer if he didnt help. :^)

robert rulmyr (63.156.128.11)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get a web site up for on-line ordering please.

WacoBob

Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahh theres a combo of wine, beers, and some mead in those carboys.. one mead is coming up on 5 years old now :)
They are brew on premise's...cept for that 1 mead :)
Yea.. that guy didnt show up till later in the day... he got paint on him eventually... we made sure of that.. heh
Hey Wacoooo...
We have a site up now for ordering, but its old..
You can still order through it though, no problem..
The whole sites gonna get a face lift soon.
www.myhomebrew.com

Walt

Chad Dickinson (207.206.223.91)
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CONGRATS!

Belly Buster Bob (131.137.245.198)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walt...I'm green with envy. I've had enough of working like a dog for other people.Congrats my man.

Mike Kessenich (165.189.92.23)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrat's Walt, it's kinda like having a baby!

Graybeard (12.73.160.132)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats, Walt! Since I'm only about 40 miles up the road in Castle Rock I'll make it a point to get to the Springs and see the store. You gonna be there pretty much full time, or just once in a while? I'll introduce myself if you're there.

Ethan Yankura (69.39.97.227)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 02:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Holy Cow!!! I've long suspected this, but I must live on the outer limits of the brewing world. The only two brewing shops I have been in in Maine have been the equivalent of basement closets. That looks great.

KMc (199.92.192.126)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats Walt! Looks like the walk-in made the trip as well - still lots of good hops in there I hope!

Doug Pescatore (141.232.1.10)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walt,
Your store has got to be the Super Walmart (NAYY) of Home Brew store! My LHBS store is back in a small garage bay of a warehouse. Could be more that 300 square feet if that.

-Doug

PalerThanAle (65.168.73.62)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 05:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can see Walt now...
"Good Morning, welcome to Walt*Mart. Would you like a sticker?"

PTA

Bill Pierce (24.141.129.137)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walt, do you have Blue Light Specials?

chumley (216.161.216.114)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am ready to retire and go to work for Walt as his greeter. I would offer each customer who walks in the store a cheerful greeting, a shopping cart, and dixie cup of RyePA, samichlaus clone, or rochie 10. I could also hand out beer-flavored candy to the rug rats.

ELK (24.10.168.30)
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good luck Walt!

I have a neighbor who moved to the springs last year. I almost got him to a brew session once..
I will Tell him about your new store. What is the address? Maybe you can cut him a deal on his starter kit if he says ELk sent him?.

Lets see some more pictures of the grain bins and stuff. Also that is alot of realestate compared to the cramped quarters we have here.

ELK

Brewzz (65.88.98.1)
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 02:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That looks fantastic Walt!Congrats! I hope when I move to Oregon I have a place half that nice to go to.
Brewzz

Craig Johnson (172.197.177.246)
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations Walt. When are you gonna give us the info on the online store? Was that Corona being drunk??? For shame Walt, for shame.

Paul Edwards (199.46.200.231)
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walt,

I'm interested in what kind of State and Federal hoops you had to jump thru for the BOP/WOP portion of the business.

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 02:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks all!
The old location was about 1500 sq feet.. the new one is about 4000 :)
Im just about always there.. open from 10-7 then on Sat 10-6..... closed Sun.. football day ya know :)
Yup, there are still a BIG selection of hops in that walk in.. mostly Whole Hops :)
Send him over Elk, Ill take care of em!
The online store is at www.myhomebrew.com
You can order online there, but its n old store front thats in need of a face lift, which, as soon as the phone co gets its act together and runs the dsl line, will be upgraded :)
The customer pitches the yeast...
We dont sell beer, just sell the "groceries"...

The Lama will be moved in today, and its first brew will be this Sat, if all goes according to plan :)

Opps... smiley limit exceeded..heh
BrewON!
Walt

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.