Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * April 13, 2004 * Thanks everyone I won some medals < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Wm John Ivey (12.72.100.153)
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 01:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The results are in from Great Arizona Brew competition, and I took a Gold and a Silver, thanks to yall's advice. The two beers were both dunkels identical except for the yeasts, if you remember one of the yeast starter in apple juice didn't really live up to my standards, so I pitch a different tube of WL wiesen IV for experimental purposes. My head is so big right now, I'm thinking of sending the last eight bottles to Nat'l, to take on the BIG Boys of Brewing.
Again thanks for being patient with my stupid questions and if I had any more of that beer left, I would be sending each a bottle of the award winning brew. I guess next time I need to brew like like the dickens cause I figure I owe atleast 27 of yah a bottle or two. :)
Thanks
John

Paul Hayslett (64.252.42.2)
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 03:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats!

Wm John Ivey (12.72.96.163)
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Paul!
John

Denny Conn (140.211.82.4)
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats! Were the beers dunkels or dunkelweizens? I'm guessing the latter since you mention weizen yeast!

Wm John Ivey (66.238.8.34)
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are right Denny they are Dunkelweizens, Identical in every way except one had WL300 and the other WL weizen IV. I was shocked that the two yeasts do give pronounce taste differences. I am interested in seeing which one the judges liked better :)
John

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.