Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * April 13, 2004 * Bazooka Screen Fitting Question < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Shane Mock (68.54.11.214)
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just received my 12" Zymico Bazooka Screen, but my pick-up tube fitting in my brewpot is 1/4", and the Bazooka is 1/2". I'm brewing Sunday, and am going to use it to drain the mash dry for a "Schmitz" decoction mash. Does Lowe's/Menards/Home Depot typically carry some fittings I can run out and get to mate the 1/4" fitting to my 1/2" Bazooka screen? Other ideas before Sunday???

Rob Beck (64.219.131.219)
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 04:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most hardware stores should carry a 1/4' to 1/2" fitting. You may have to screw around with adapters to get the male/female threads right. I've found that the smaller, neighborhood-type hardware stores are sometimes easier (although a little more expensive ) because there will be someone to help you find what you're looking for.
Happy brewing

Kent Fletcher (206.170.107.30)
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 04:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would encourage you to change out that kettle pick-up. 1/4" is TINY! Is that 1/4" OD?!! That's really TOO small, you can look forward to an hour (at least) running the wort out. Not to mention that it will be much easier to clog up.

Brew Lab (155.70.141.45)
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i bought the copper pick up tube with the bazooka T, haven't used it yet, but it looks like it will drain very well.

bilge rat (12.29.175.2)
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Like kent noted...try to go full 1/2" everywhere. 1/4" will cause issues (time or clogging)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.