Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * April 13, 2004 * Conditioning a CACA? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Vance Barnes (69.15.38.210)
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brewed a CACA instead of the usual CAP a couple of weeks ago cause the Maibock is still in the lagering fridge. Used WLP001 for it and I'm not sure if it will benefit from any cold condiditoning and if so at what temp/length? It's in the secondary now and I was thinking of just racking to kegs and putting them in the serving fridge for a few weeks before tapping. Any ideas? TIA

Denny Conn (63.114.138.2)
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 06:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, I think it would benefit. As cold as possible for as long as possible...

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Maibock is lagering at 32. Would that be better than the serving fridge which is around 40? Might have to rack the Maibock to a corny to have room but that should be no problem. Been in there in a carboy for around a month now.

Tom Gardner (205.188.116.23)
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you fit 2 cornies in the lagering fridge? I use cornies for secondary and lagering.

Denny Conn (63.114.138.2)
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Either would be fine, AFAIAC, Vance.

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if I made the shelf for the lagering fridge I could probably fit 5 cornies. With the sloping part in the back I hope I can fit 3. The CACA was a 10 gal batch and the Maibock a 5 gal. Into cornies and into the lagering fridge it is then.

The reason I don't like to lager in cornies is that it's too easy to carbonate and drink it at that point. I have more self control if it's still in a carboy. Mind games.

Wykowski (209.222.26.27)
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CACA, I month Cold cond. minimum

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.