Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * Archive through June 28, 2004 * Fun Weekend < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Brandon Dachel
Username: Brandon

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a great weekend I had...Got laid off of work on Friday. I then managed to break my ankle on Saturday (not beer-related). I have no homebrew except the 10 gallons I'm bringing to my dad's 60th birthday party in a few weeks.

Then the forums were down...

Josh Johnson
Username: Msujdog

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That sucks. I got laid off about two years ago and the first place I went was the local microbrew....not to drown my sorrows, but to ask for a job. Then I read Bill Pierce's description of how much brewers made and decided that I had better head back to medical school.

brewjones
Username: Brewjones

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That stinks Brandon. Sorry to hear. It sounds like things can only get better, so get well and good luck on your job search.

Brewjones

PalerThanAle
Username: Palerthanale

Post Number: 968
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That completely sucks, sorry to hear about that, no homebrew... Oh, and loosing the job part sucks too. If you job search brings you to the Fox Valley - let me know.

PTA

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brandon, sometimes a layoff is a blessing in disguise. But the broken ankle and lack of beer just plain suck. I hope you have something in addition to beer to help ease the pain.

Josh, as you obviously know, medicine is at the other end of the scale compared to brewing in terms of earning power. Of course later you can squander the money you make as a doctor on your own microbrewery.

Chris Testerman
Username: Chris1kanobi

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If your dog dies and your truck breaks down, you could always be a country western singer.

Brandon Dachel
Username: Brandon

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

> If your dog dies and your truck breaks down, you
> could always be a country western singer.

My dogs and truck are healthy at the moment.

> Brandon, sometimes a layoff is a blessing in
> disguise.

This one isn't well disguised at all. I've been actively looking for another job for some time now. What's really frustrating is that my RIMS controller is on hold now. I no longer have access to a programmer and the firmware is only about 1/3 done.

BTW - nice article, Bill.

The biggest suck part is that my right ankle is the broken one. At the moment there is no way for me to drive a car.

Bill Rehm
Username: Lwr

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I feel you pain Brandon, at least on the job front. I've been out of work for about 10 months, any brewing that I would be doing is on hold. I did pick up a 6 pack of Cream City Pale a few weeks ago, damn I need a beer!