Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * Archive through September 09, 2004 * Christmas tradition < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Nye
Username: Yeasty_boy

Post Number: 198
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Last year I started a tradition of brewing beers to give as Christmas gifts. Last year it was 4 cases of maple porter. This year I'd like to brew 6 cases, 3 different 5 gal batches. Everyone would get a 6er of assorted homebrew.

I'm thinking a BoPils, an APA, and a porter. Or maybe a BoPils, English bitter, and SNCA clone.

What do you all recommend?

robert rulmyr
Intermediate Member
Username: Wacobob

Post Number: 354
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 08:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like to make Holiday gifts of the best beers I can make. IPAs and Porters. These are also beers that the recipients don't regularly consume...they are much appreciated.

WacoBob

David Woods
Intermediate Member
Username: Beericon

Post Number: 368
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like the idea of having a lighter "looking" beer, a amberish colored beer, and a darker beer all in the same six pack. Most of my relatives still believe that if it is black it is thick and un-drinkable. Mix it up and give them something to taste, and think about!

David
Onslo: "Get me a beer!"
Daisy: "We're out of beer."
Onslo: "I can't believe it! I'm completely surrounded by NO BEER!"

Richard Nye
Username: Yeasty_boy

Post Number: 200
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was thinking about a straw colored beer, a copper colored beer, and a dark brown or black beer. Maybe I should really mix them up and make a very strong light colored beer, and a weak, black beer.

What about a Belgian wit with a little corriander and orange peel?

Ian Whipple
Username: Xboxotter

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 05:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My brew partner and I are planning to save at least one beer from every batch we do between now and Christmas and put together a "sampler" pack for each one of our staff, along with a monogrammed pint glass, and perhaps some aquavit that I am playing with. Your idea sounds like it's on par with ours and I thinks it's a good way to go.
A social drinker in New Hampshire would be an alcoholic anywhere else.
The Otter Himself
www.geocities.com/xboxotter