Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * Archive through September 09, 2004 * Alcohol consumption research finding of the week < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 452
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol-info/InTheNews/MedicalReports/GeneralHealth/1092 766793.html

Denny Conn
Username: Denny

Post Number: 3438
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 07:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"The beneficial mental effects of alcohol were found when a person drinks up to about 30 drinks per week, and increased with consumption"...that makes me a genius!!! ;)
LIfe begins at 60...1.060, that is.

Ric Heinz
Username: Rheinz

Post Number: 89
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I could think of a couple other reasons to explain this: For those civil servents who arn't quite on the ball, perhaps they simply just forgot where they put the beer!

Ric
Brewing in NW Houston

Okierat
Username: Okierat

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmmmm....remeber that bit in Cheers when Cliff was talking to Norm about the wolf pack thinning out the weaker members of the heard, with alcohol begin the wolf and your brain cells being the heard

Keith M Williams
Username: Grok

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I started all gain brewing 10 gal batches in April.
This week I got a promotion.

I now think they are related.

Screaming Ducks
Making the easy Impossible

PalerThanAle
Username: Palerthanale

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's the buffalo theory..
http://www.elixir.com/people/Tony/humor/buffalo.htm

PTA

(Message edited by palerthanale on September 03, 2004)
You don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

Sail
Username: Sail

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is nice to finally have a scientific study to point to after crawling home and seeing the look on your significant others face...

"C'mon Huunny... I'm mproving my bains fognitive cuntion.... "

Pacman
Intermediate Member
Username: Pacman

Post Number: 379
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There must be something wrong with my beer because i'm drinking the recommeded amounts and i still can't remember anything...
Damn Brewing's Fun!!!!

Michael
Advanced Member
Username: Hoppop

Post Number: 508
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

>>>.Dr. Guy Ratcliffe, the Medical Director of the Medical Council on Alcohol, said that “this is a well-researched study, and it’s important that information such as this is available so that people can make informed decisions about alcohol consumption.”>>>>>

He also commented that this increased cognitive ability only appears to be a factor in civil servants. Other control groups, such as college students and those carousing single bars, seem to experience a loss of cognitive ability, especially during last call at closing time. Dr. Ratcliffe referred to this as the "Chew Your Arm Off in the Morning" paradox.