Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2004 * Archive through September 09, 2004 * Do you use Compact Chrome Faucet on your corny? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sail
Username: Sail

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I currently use a picnic tap but It is kind of cheap and drips a bit. Does anyone have any opinions on those chrome faucets that thread on to the out quick connect? It would seem like you would have problems with foaming...

Tom Meier
Username: Brewdawg96

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 04:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, they look good but foam alot unless you turn the pressure way down.

then again, so do picnic taps.

JimTanguay
Intermediate Member
Username: Pizzaman

Post Number: 257
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

picnic taps with the correct amount of line are fine

Wykowski
Username: Bigearl

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

they look nicer, impress your guests (if you care)

I use both, the performance is about the same as a short-tube picnic tap, you must be careful the chrome tap is easily turned-on
You remember that foul evening when you heard the banshees howl
There was lousy drunken bastards singing 'Billy is in the bowl'
They took you up to midnight mass and left you in the lurch
So you dropped a button in the plate and spewed up in the church

bilge rat
Username: Bilgerat

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what big earl said... i only use my at a party..or testing in the brewhouse.

Peter Roman
Intermediate Member
Username: Lilbordr

Post Number: 302
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've used both. The Chrome is nice but does need the pressure turned down. To get hoest tho, a cobra tap is much more compact and handy. The chrome is kinda bulky. If I am camping, i used the cobra tap. If im at a picnic, I use the chrome.

Cheers,
Peter Roman

PaulK
Username: Paulk

Post Number: 99
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One thing that I like about the chrome taps is that virtually everyone can operate one without any problems. With cobra taps 75+% of people want to partially depress the tap thus creating the equivalent of whipped cream. If you set the serving pressure right with a chrome tap, you are generally trouble free.