Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2005 * Archive through January 29, 2005 * Month old kegged rye IPA < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Busted Still Brewery
Advanced Member
Username: Brewlabs

Post Number: 644
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

man! too bad i only have a couple of glasses left. After the keg was carbed and i started drinking this brew i thought "hmmm, pretty good", but now it's AMAZING! I only wish I had let it sit in the keg for a month before i started imbibing (tcha....right!).

Denny Conn
Username: Denny

Post Number: 4098
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, how'd you get yours to last a month???
LIfe begins at 60...1.060, that is.

Busted Still Brewery
Advanced Member
Username: Brewlabs

Post Number: 645
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

like i said....a month old...and kicked it last night :-(

denny i still have your sample ready to go...just waiting till i'm ready for you to try it. I'm def gonna invest in a counterpressure bottle filler because i feel that that the quality of the bottle carbed beers is lacking. Of course that's just for the 12 oz bottles, my bigger bottles are great, just not as good as the kegged stuff.

Michael
Username: Michaelg

Post Number: 158
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's how I get an IPA to last longer: I put off putting the dry hops in. I want the dry hops in the keg at least two weeks before I start drinking it. If I don't put the hops in when I rack it, it's just enough of a production (sanitizing, etc.) that I can put it off.

Oh, and I'm going to give the rye IPA when I start to run low on IPA again.