Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2005 * Archive through April 04, 2005 * A friendly thread about brewing < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roger Herpst
Username: Roger456

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, ah, whats going into the fermenter next?

I'm racking an american wheat into the keg this weekend, and brewing up another IPA if I can manage to replace my front brake calipers by Sunday.

Denny Conn
Username: Denny

Post Number: 4384
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

10 gal. of Rye IPA on Sun.
LIfe begins at 60...1.060, that is.

Peter Roman
Advanced Member
Username: Lilbordr

Post Number: 640
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heineken clone. Yeah, it's sad but that's what my roomate wanted.

Cheers,
Peter Roman

Geoff Buschur
Advanced Member
Username: Avmech

Post Number: 648
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am planning on having a Good Friday!

I am making an American Amber with a Mt.Hood/Amarillo blend and CL-50. I will use this cake for a DC RIPA that I'm gonna brew in a couple of weeks.

I will do the usual reduction of the first gallon of runnings to enhance the caramel/toffee flavors.

Batch Size (Gal): 12.00
Anticipated OG: 1.061
Anticipated SRM: 12.5
Anticipated IBU: 40.4

19.00 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row)
2.50 lbs. Munich Malt(2-row)
1.25 lbs. Crystal 120L
1.25 lbs. Crystal 40L
1.00 lbs. Wheat Malt

1.50 oz. Amarillo FWH
1.50 oz. Mt. Hood FWH
1.00 oz. Amarillo 90 min.
1.00 oz. Mt. Hood 90 min.
1.00 oz. Amarillo 0 min.
1.00 oz. Mt. Hood 0 min.
0.50 oz. Amarillo Dry Hop
0.50 oz. Mt. Hood Dry Hop

BrewTek CL-50 California Pub Brewery Ale

Pete Mazurowski
Username: Pete_maz

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Screw the brakes, Roger. There are plenty of ways to stop a car without 'em. Get your priorities straight!

For me, I'll be doing the Rye IPA either this weekend or the next. Everyone else is doing it, so I feel kinda left out having never done the RIPA.

Chumley
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 2917
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My wife just found out that she has to fly to Denver Monday, and not return until Tuesday the 5th. While I will miss her, this can mean only two things - brewing and fishing, fishing and brewing.

I will have three primaries free, one of which will have a yeast cake of WY2308 Munich ready to go for another lager. Probably will split the yeast cake and do two lagers. I only have 4 empty kegs, so I will have to do some bottling to free up some secondaries - got a Russian Imperial Stout, Bo-pils, and CAP ready for bottling.

I've got an activator smack pack of WY 1338 European ale yeast, as well as tubes of WLP Essex and 530 Abbey. I'll probably brew an American amber or APA with the 1338, getting a yeast cake ready to brew a biere de garde. Probably will save the Essex yeast for bitters and milds in late April/early May, but I may get around to brewing a Leffe clone with the 530 - I may have to resort to the old bottling bucket/saran wrap routine.

Hophead
Username: Hophead

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DC, methinks you need some more variety in yer life... :-)

Octoberfest tomorrow, if I can figure out where to put the esb, apa, and ipa to make room in the freezer. I seem to brew a lot of 3 lettered beers? Fortunately, not pbr...

Mike Rotert
Username: Baddude

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chumley,
I just had a weekend like that 2 weeks ago. No one home and plenty of time to enjoy brewing. It was excellent!

I think I might make the "Hop Whompus". I just got 11 lbs of hops from hopsdirect and I need to start using them up!

Greg Beron
Intermediate Member
Username: Gberon

Post Number: 348
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll be making, ummm, wine. There was a Johannesburg Reisling kit that's been on the shelf at the store for so long that I'd be embarrassed to sell it to anyone. So I took it home and will try making wine.

Can I still come play here after this confession?
Greg Beron
Culver City Home Brewing Supply
www.brewsupply.com

Belly Buster Bob
Username: Canman

Post Number: 2238
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 10 gallons of amarillo ale brewing on california lager yeast to build yeast cake. I shall brew a standard cap to go onto that and I have an ale going on nottingham that I'll also make use of the cake this weekend. That'll put 40 gallons in the fermenters...eeehaaa
Bellybuster Bob
www.bellybuster.netfirms.com

tim roth
Username: Hopdude

Post Number: 206
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brown ale.
I got the recipe from a friend who makes the best brown ale I have ever tasted!
He does it all-grain but, I will try it with a mini-mash. Best I can do.
I have (will have) a yeastcake from a Golden ale that PTA and I made last weekend. cheers, tim

RJ Testerman
Username: Rjt

Post Number: 78
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We're brewing BP's basic oatmeal stout, our first.

Roger Herpst
Username: Roger456

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 01:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BBB:
My first brew was an extract CAP with california lager, and I really loved the flavor I got from that. Right now I've got 3 kegs and 1 about to go in the keg with only 2 faucets total. Despite this limitation, I really want to brew an all-grain pre-prohibition style lager with SF yeast. What is the recipe you used?

RJ: By BP, do you mean Bill Pierce?

PS: I just got back from the Bear Republic and a couple of their Hop Rod Ryes. I've seen that people on this board far and wide across the US have had access to it, and I highly recommend that any of you who see it, to buy it, and drink it.

Cheers!

R

Dan Listermann
Advanced Member
Username: Listermann

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 01:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The brew club is having an "Iron Brewer" competition. We have to use the same grain bill and 22 oz of molasses. The hopping, yeast and volume are up to us. The grain bill is 11 pounds total so we are dealing with about 300 points for grain plus the molasses. I want to make a mild. It occurs to me that I could do ten gallons with that grain bill. Then I thought that I would like to test the tannic astringency considerations between the first runnings and later runings.

Here is the approach I am considering. Make two entries with two batches from the same mash each using 22 oz of molasses. One would be made from the first runnings stopping the flow at 150 points with the second using the rest. This way I would have a batch that should have no tannins and one that should have a lot at least according to theory. If this factor is real, it should stick out like a sore thumb.

Dan Listermann
Listermann Mfg.,Co. www.listermann.com

don price
Advanced Member
Username: Donzoid

Post Number: 601
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 01:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to blow out some hops so it looks like APA, maybe something like SOSS IPA. Then I need to start 3 belgian yeast strains to begin the spring belgian brewing madness.

Don

Belly Buster Bob
Username: Canman

Post Number: 2242
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 01:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

roger...the ale that's brewing on the Cal lager is just 18 olbs 2 row with a pound of crystal 60. The all amarillo hop schedule was 1oz at 60 1 at 30 1/2 at 15 1 at 5min
Bellybuster Bob
www.bellybuster.netfirms.com

Marlon Lang
Intermediate Member
Username: Marlonlang

Post Number: 465
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 02:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan,
Our club had an "Iron Brewer" contest. The malts were DME, and 1 lb flaked rye. The secret ingrediant was coriander. Nobody could figure out how to handle the rye without grain. However, this is a great club event that every club should hold.

Dan Listermann

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 02:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ours is 8 pounds of pale malt, 2 pounds of Munich and a pound of crystal plus the 22 oz of Molasses.

The "Chairman" pulled the secret ingredients out of a hat. One of them was Pepermint Pattys.

Dan

Paul Hayslett
Advanced Member
Username: Paulhayslett

Post Number: 693
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 03:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nothing going on this weekend. Easter is in the way. I've been "volunteered" to help at church on Friday and at the neighborhood egg hunt on Saturday, then we'll be stuffing our faces at my dad's on Sunday.

But no worries. I recently bottled a Rye IPA and a rauchbier and both should be carbonated by now. There's a wit, a saison, a Berliner, and a batch of B52 in secondary; I should be able to bottle the wit and the Berliner next week. Then on 4/2 I'll brew the first of 3 beers to share a cake of Wyeast 3068: a hefe, then a roggenbier, then a weizenbock. At that point I'll be all stocked up for summer and can start thinking about Belgians.

PalerThanAle
Username: Palerthanale

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 03:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Next up will probably be an all Columbus Hop APA, affectionately know as a 1492, 'cept mine will be a 1493 (1 more). I just might have to throw in a Mayflower.

Recipe borrowed from tim roth. I just hope mine is at least 1/2 as good as his.

PTA
Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.

Art Beall
Username: Artfull

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good Friday, a group of us are doing a Maple beer, using sap instead of water for the entire process. About 40 gallons, it will be based on a fest type recipe. We've been warned that it wont taste like maple, but the fresh sap is available, so we are going for it.

The steam from the boil has got to be pretty nice though. I'm wondering if the neighbors might start coming over with plates of pancakes!

Cheers!

Art

John K. Lee
Intermediate Member
Username: Newoldrunk

Post Number: 492
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My first of the year!!!!!!It's been a hectic year for me. Between Work, skool, and having to drink six-packs of overpriced beer for the past 4 months, I FINALLY GET TO BREW!!!! Can You tell it's spring break and I'm a little excited. I'm building my new brew stand Saturday, preparing starters for My Fave IPA recipe, My 1st CAP, an Apricot Ale(got to keep the lady happy), and hopefully, If the yeast is still good, the long overdue Samiclaus that was supposed to happen 4 months ago using WL's Zurich Lager. Should be a good week and even a better April,May and March of next year! What's really sad is that I brewed 115 gallons last year. Looks like I've got some catching up to do.

Chumley

Post Number: 2920
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Tim Roth! How 'bout sharing the all-grain recipe for "the best brown I've ever tasted"? I've got a hankering to brew one of them next month. TIA.

Chumley

Post Number: 2921
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW, since this is a friendly thread, let it be known that although I have posted to this board 2920 times, I have never posted to a heat exchanger thread. That should indicate my love for y'all. :-)

ScottDeW
Intermediate Member
Username: Scott

Post Number: 275
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just finished the base for a Flanders red that will live for some time in a 50L oak cask.

And drank Eisbocks the whole time.

Sure hope I pitched some yeast. :-)
Scott
http://texanbrew.com

Astro
Username: Astro

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alas, I've no time this month to brew a Marzen. I mentioned this to my german bud and he suggested I brew one anyway and call it an 'Aprilzen' (my spelling, not his...) I guess I'll do that as soon as I get a chance to brew. I imagine it will still do for Oktoberfest...

robert rulmyr
Advanced Member
Username: Wacobob

Post Number: 529
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have a fine memory Chumley. I can't even remember my last post to ANY thread.

Ginger Larson
Username: Ginger

Post Number: 41
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

California Common on Saturday.

Bill Walton
Username: Vladie

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After taking down two kegs on St. Paddy's day, and probably another one tonight at a cookout, it is definately time to brew again! I think a repeat of the dry stout that was such a hit on Saturday, and maybe a brown ale on Sunday. Hopefully a pale sometime next week...

David Lewinnek
Username: Davelew

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, I'm a small time brewer compared to most of you guys. I've got 15 gallons sitting in carboys right now, and I felt like that was a lot. I've got batches of an Octoberfest, a Belgian Strong Dark Ale, and a chocolate raspberry porter, and none of them are old enough for me to think about drinking them. I'll spend this weekend tinkering with brewing equipment and yelling at the Belgian to age faster.

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 2796
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greg, if I were in the area I would have taken that riesling kit off your hands. I think it would make a decent base for a pyment.

A new microbrewery opened in my area. Yesterday I helped them bottle 300 cases of a light lager. They have a new six-head filler with a lot of kinks to iron out. It made for quite a long night and a good deal of frustration. Bottling is the hell of brewing. The owner is a nice guy, but you can see that this venture has cost him more than dollars.

(Message edited by BillPierce on March 25, 2005)

Paul Erbe
Username: Perbe

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a APA or Amber Ale in secondary and I am planning an "American Kolsch"(explained in another thread."

Bill - You need a place to brew. Or are you itching to get back into this professionally?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least, you need a beer."
-- Frank Zappa

Bill Pierce

Post Number: 2798
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul, my wife would say I'm just a brewing whore.

Denny Conn

Post Number: 4385
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HH, brewing the rye IPA IS variety. I haven't had any around since last fall. I've been brewing lagers and BW all winter.

Hophead
Username: Hophead

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, OK, let me know if you need some help with the recipe...

Denny Conn

Post Number: 4386
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, man...I hear you've got a good one...

scott jackson
Username: Kroc

Post Number: 157
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will be brewing a CAP and an Imperial CAP (sounds better than "malt liquor") on Easter Sunday.

Hey, maybe I will test out Mike's plate chiller since he lives just up the street. HAH !! I got in !

Doug Pescatore
Username: Doug_p

Post Number: 1268
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 09:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scott,
How does an Imperial CAP come out? I figured I would end my lager season with a double CAP by just taking my standard recipe and doubling everything.

-Doug

tim roth
Username: Hopdude

Post Number: 207
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chumley,
Here is the brown ale;
5 gallon batch
single infusion mash at 154 degrees
9lbs.Belgian 2-row Pale malt
1.5lbs.Munich (Bonlander)
.5lb.Special B
.5lb.Aromatic
.25lb.Chocolate
1.5oz.Cascade pellets 60min.
wyeast #1056
That's all the info I have on it. Cheers, tim

Dan Listermann

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 01:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill, is the bottler a Meehean (sp?)?

Dan Listermann

Chumley

Post Number: 2925
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 04:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Tim. I have all those ingredients on hand except for 1056, think I'll try that recipe with the WLP Essex yeast.

Bill Moore
Intermediate Member
Username: Bill_beerman

Post Number: 292
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brewing an APA on Sunday.
Get to try out my new pump.
Added a bazooka-t to my BK and will be using leaf hops for the first time.

Does Promash compensate for the difference in utilization when you tell it you're using whole instead of pellet?

Bill Pierce

Post Number: 2805
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Dan, it's a Meheen Merlin six-head filler. It's brand new but there are more than a few bugs. It's a matter of both understanding the filler itself and gaining some experience with a new installation.

Bill Pierce

Post Number: 2806
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill M., you can select the type of hops (whole, pellets or plugs) in ProMash, as well as the supposed change in utilization with each. I believe the default values are for a 5 percent increase for plugs and 10 percent for pellets), but they can be changed in the system settings. I set the increase for pellets to 5 percent because it more closely reflects my experience. I haven't used plugs in quite a while.

Scott Folsom
Username: Sfolsom

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm debating about which beer to make on Monday. The wife got a taste of Hop Rod Rye and absolutely loves it and wants me to brew Denny's RyePA (I told her about it). But I don't have the right hops or yeast. I could do it with Centennial, Cascade and WLP 001, and it would be good, but I really want to try making it to spec. I did order all the right stuff, so it might be a fun experiment to see the difference in the 2 beers.

It's that or an IPA with the above hops and yeast.
It's also supposed to rain in the morning, so it may be a late start. I thought I would call it Rain Delay IPA...

MJR
Username: Mjr

Post Number: 141
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While I'm planning on brewing Denny's Rye IPA for the Big Brew Day, there's a month and a half between then and now. I figure I can fit in two or three additional beers in that time frame.

A Marzen sounds like a great idea, and would be my first lager.

That Black Widow Kölsch recipe looks damn tempting too.

Colby Enck
Username: Thecheese

Post Number: 169
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 07:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I get the time next w/end (fingers crossed), I should be doing a mild on my partially-constructed 10-gallon system. I'm going to split the batch to try to compare Wy1098 and WLP005. Also will be hopefully planting my first rhizome and anticipating brewing an alt.

(Message edited by TheCheese on March 27, 2005)

Patrick C.
Intermediate Member
Username: Patrickc

Post Number: 305
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got a cake of WhiteLabs German Lager begging for an Oktoberfest, and a starter of WhiteLabs Belgian. Ten gallons of Ofest and 15 gallons of Belgians should get me down below 700 lb of grain.

Jeff G
Username: Dutch780

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 12:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

>>"Heineken clone. Yeah, it's sad but that's what my roomate wanted. "

Peter, sometimes it pays off brewing to the tastes of the great unwashed masses...if you get them exited about your homebrewing, you can ease them into the good stuff....

davidw
Advanced Member
Username: Davidw

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since this is a friendly thread about brewing it will do nicely for my 1000th post:

Brewed my annual Ofest on Saturday. Grist bill was 1/3 each Durst Pils, Munich, and Vienna with 1 oz. of Carafa III for added colour. Mashed in at 154 degrees planning on a single infusion, but couldn't help myself, so after a half hour rest I pulled a decoction just for the fun of it. Ran off into the kettle with 1 oz. Tettnang to FWH. Ninety minute boil with 5 oz. more Tettnang added half an hour into the boil. Cooled to 60 degrees and ran 5.5 gallons each into two fermenters. Pitched one with WLP 833 and the other with 2 pkgs. of S-23. Put into temp controlled fridge @ 55 degrees F. Activity noted about 12 hours later. As of this AM a nice krausen is apparent on both.

Life is good!