Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2005 * Archive through April 04, 2005 * Temperature Controller Wiring < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

John Cherbini
Username: Johnc

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Everyone,

I have a Honeywell T6031a Temp Controller, and need to wire it up for controlling my fridge.

I've seen a lot of references to this article in Zymurgy

(1) "Taming the Wild Fridge," zymurgy 12 (3), 36-37 (1989).

I hear that I just have to cut the one black wire on an extension cord, and I assume that goes to two posts in the controller, just acting as a simple temperature sensing switch.

The problem is I know very little about electrical things.

The manual states that as the temperature rises "R-W makes" which I assume means that the circuit is completed between the R post and the W post upon the temperature rising above the dial's specification.

This would lead me to believe that I get an extension cord, cut and strip the black wire, and put one end on the R post and one end on the W post for the unit to complete the circuit when the temperature gets too high.

Sound right? Anyone with experience on this specific controller?

Thanks a ton!

John C.

Zymie
Username: Zymie

Post Number: 63
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, you are correct.

I have some simple instructions on my website at http://www.zymico.com/thermostat.shtml

John Cherbini
Username: Johnc

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fantastic! Thanks for the help Zymie...

JC