Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2005 * Archive through June 27, 2005 * Weird Coupler < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Peter Roman
Advanced Member
Username: Lilbordr

Post Number: 731
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings,
I am still trying to snag a stand up kep pump off ebay and I came across this. Is that a sankey coupler or something else?

Thanks,
Peter Roman

Brandon Dachel
Username: Brandon

Post Number: 1554
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 01:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't know - have you tried asking the seller?

Peter Roman
Advanced Member

Post Number: 732
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, doesn't know....

JimTanguay
Intermediate Member
Username: Pizzaman

Post Number: 466
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It doesnt look round like a sankey

Joshua Coman
Username: Crazyjae

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 02:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if you can find out what the patent number is.

There's a photo that shows it, but it's not clear enough for me to actually read about three of the numbers.

With the patent number, you can do a quick online patent search at the US Patent Office (assuming it is a US patent) and you can read the specification of the device in the patent application.

I tried,but just couldn't make out a few of those numbers. Ended up looking at other things, equally as cool though.

The link to the patent office number search:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/srchnum.htm

Addison Berry
Username: Addison

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 01:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It looks like it may be 3,379,327 because that is in a class that has lots of container closures and seals. I can't look up the actual patent info because it is only available in image and the image apparently requires a QuickTime plugin that does not load correctly in any of my 3 computers that are handy...

Anyway, I'm fairly certain of everything but the the 9.

Catt22
Username: Catt22

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 05:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm pretty sure the patent number is 3,374,927.

Apparently that patent number applies only to that particular piece of the tap and not the entire assembly. The patent is owned by the Olympia Brewing Co. My guess is that it will not fit a Sanke keg.

ELK
Username: Elkski

Post Number: 1097
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 01:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peter I have old 2 sankey couplings I will sell u. They are for use with co2.
ELK

Peter Roman
Advanced Member

Post Number: 733
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 01:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting. Elk, how much for a coupler? Are you talking coupler only or the whole stand up tap? I'm thinking that it would be cheaper to buy a coupler seperatly and buy a hoff stand up tap, than to get a stand up tap with a sankey coupler.

Thanks,
Peter

ELK
Username: Elkski

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 2 couplers...You can plump it to a pump or co2 reg and the outlet can go to a tap or to a cobra head. I actually have all the stuff to tap to kegs and make a jockey box including two taps...But this stuff is kinda old. I bout this stuff on ebay for mainly the taps but now everyone is saying perlick is the best and I think I do want them to be shiney and new looking..