Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2005 * Archive through September 22, 2005 * Keg Regulator questions < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Scott Morales
Username: Smutty

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 68.234.68.13
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 01:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm putting together a kegging system and need a regulator. I went to this site and order this: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulators/exp-bf742.shtml but it's been over 10 days and they haven't even shipped yet. So I cancelled.

I was able to find other regulators for the comparable price ($37.00) however, they didn't specifically say that "…the flow control on this regulator is automatic, which means that it automatically adjusts the pressure". Is this just sales jive or is this something all good regulators should state that they do?

And are there "must haves" that I should look for?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Smutty

Richard Nye
Advanced Member
Username: Yeasty_boy

Post Number: 889
Posted From: 68.225.248.227
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 03:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know you'll get a dozen people here who will give a glowing testimonies of Beverage Factory, but the 2 orders I placed with them were both screwed up.

Richard Nye
Advanced Member
Username: Yeasty_boy

Post Number: 890
Posted From: 68.225.248.227
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 03:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scott, let me try to answer you question.

I think all that talk about automatic flow control is sales jive. It's a regulator. It regulates pressure. It's not a flow control (well, maybe indirectly).

What I have is a primary regulator that lowers the bottle pressure down to about 30psi. Then I have 2 secondary regulators. One for each keg I have. That way I can control the pressure differently in each keg. And I use that feature every time I carbonate a keg.

barnbrewer
Username: Barnbrewer

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 64.12.116.14
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 05:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have one tank with one regulator and keep a spare tank.I say forget the second guage regulating the tank pressure left. through my experience when it gets low it goes real quick.I used to run a"T" with 2 kegs but after too many leaks and lost co2 tanks i run the "T" with 2 ball shut offs and only charge the kegs when they need ityo keep the flow.when i'm done i charge each at about 10psi and it's all good till next time.

Bill Tobler
Intermediate Member
Username: Billt

Post Number: 358
Posted From: 216.99.65.10
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scott, the only must haves, IMHO, are the low pressure gauge and the small valve with a check valve on the gas out. I would stay away from the hose barb fittings and go with all flare fittings. In the long run, they are a lot more user friendly than barb fittings.
Bill Tobler
Brewing Great Beer in South Texas