Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2005 * Archive through December 10, 2005 * Awesome sighting! < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Onebarrel
Username: Onebarrel

Post Number: 103
Posted From: 66.48.1.67
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just passed 4 x 3000 BBL conicals on the way into work this morning.

They came from Germany all the way up the Great Lakes to be installed in my home town brewery -
the original John Labbatts in London Ont.

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 4119
Posted From: 24.57.229.8
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 03:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If only the beer destined to be fermented in those conicals were any good.

Onebarrel
Username: Onebarrel

Post Number: 104
Posted From: 66.48.1.67
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 04:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes it is a shame that all they will be filled with is Blue... I heard that there are 4 more enroute from the plant they closed in Toronto.

It still is an awesome sight... taking up 2 lanes
of road way and having to prop up powerlines so they can drive under them - cool!

The only time I ever liked a product they put out was the very first test batches of Rickards Red on draft... it was served only in London for the first few months - fresh, that was the best draft I had ever tasted up to that point.

Only months after that they must have went into full production - the wheel's fell off pretty fast... it was horrible after that, and the bottled version even worse! all that just to make
more profit - they took all the taste out of it...
they can make world class beer, they just choose not to.

I always wondered after that why they don't bother to make a seasonal draft only product for the local markets... it would really change a lot of peoples minds about them - not that I would start drinking it, but it would show people what they could do not taking into account profit or marketing.