Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2006 * Archive through February 02, 2006 * 03 & 05 SNCA comparison < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

John Jacox
Username: Johnj

Post Number: 172
Posted From: 70.124.201.0
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, a few months back I bought a case of 03 Celebration Ale. I finally was able to score a sixer of 05 for comparison purposes. I was amazed by the difference. It's like two totally different beers! The 03 is far maltier with much more "mouth feel". The hop profile of the 05 is dominated by the "citrus" flavor, while the 03 is dominated by the "resiny" or "piney" flavor. All in all, the 03 is a much bigger and more flavorful beer (IMHO). I think I'll have to make another road trip to Orlando and see if they still have any left!

Mike McNeil
Username: Macster

Post Number: 170
Posted From: 69.180.84.186
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 06:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HAve to agree with you on that one John. This is the first year that I really sensed a significant change with SNCA in that the body and palate seemed a bit thinner and lighter; nowhere near as full and chewy as previous years. I also sensed a bit of restraint in the hop profile if not mistaken.

Been enjoying it for many years, but was slightly disappointed with the 2005 release.

John Jacox
Username: Johnj

Post Number: 173
Posted From: 70.124.201.0
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 07:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just continued the train of events with a Bigfoot, and I think the 03 tasted like a smaller version of the Bigfoot, but there was very little similarity to the 05. I sincerely hope that SN isn't dumbing down the SNCA! Good thing I can sleep in tomorrow!!!

Paul Erbe
Intermediate Member
Username: Perbe

Post Number: 400
Posted From: 12.27.22.67
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

2005 was not a good year for SNCA imho. The hop bitterness seemed harsh to me with a nasty kind of bite on the finish. MY wife looks forward to this beer and she also noticed the difference.