Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2006 * Archive through September 22, 2006 * CAPS & Munich < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ted Grudzinski
Username: Tgrudzin

Post Number: 120
Posted From: 208.250.29.8
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you put Munich malt in a Classic American Pilsner? Would you put two pounds?

Doug Pescatore
Username: Doug_p

Post Number: 1996
Posted From: 141.232.1.1
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ted,
You are so out of line you must now take a time out!

Even though I like to keep my CAPs simple I believe someone here won some medals with a CAP that had some munich in it among other malts and certainly more flavor hops that normal. I do have the recipe somewhere and plan to brew it. I will look for it if someone doesn't post it first.

-Doug

Chris Vejnovich
Advanced Member
Username: Cjv85vmax

Post Number: 522
Posted From: 216.96.60.127
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ted,

I have some articles and an email where Jeff Renner reccomends some Munich malt if you are planning on using Flaked maize instead of Polenta. With Polenta you must ofcourse do a cereal mash and so you get some melanodin flavors from the mash as you should add some pils malt in with the polenta in the cereal mash.

Anyway, I prefer the polenta to the flaked maize. But that is just my opinion. Good luck with your CAP.

Chumley
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 4335
Posted From: 63.118.227.254
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 09:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have used Munich malt in a CAP before, and liked it, but the most I have used was a pound per 5 gallon batch. 1/2 to 3/4 lb. is more in line with my thinking. I think 2 lbs. might be a little too much in terms of the dry/crisp factor.

Steve Fletty
Username: Cheesehead

Post Number: 248
Posted From: 24.118.123.209
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 03:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The answer is: no.

Do whatever the @#$% you want, but the answer is still no.