Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Homebrewery Photo Gallery * My Brewery is finally coming together < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Geoff Buschur
Username: Avmech

Post Number: 1272
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 02:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry the pics are a little grainy, the lighting wasn't the greatest. I'll post more as it progresses.

The front door:

"I've been drunk for 14 years...my judgment isn't what it used to be."

dhacker
Intermediate Member
Username: Dhacker

Post Number: 485
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is an amazing setup. Everything you could ask for in a home brewery.

Nicely done!

I have a couple of questions . . Are those 2x's painted silver under the fridge, and why do they stick out so far?

Have you rolled your fermenter out on those rails when it was full?

Very cool!

Merle
Username: Merle

Post Number: 78
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice!

Belly Buster Bob
Username: Canman

Post Number: 2627
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think those 2X's on the floor are attached to the fridge for stability when fermenter extended????????
Nice setup
Bellybuster Bob
www.bellybuster.netfirms.com

Geoff Buschur

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I have a couple of questions . . Are those 2x's painted silver under the fridge, and why do they stick out so far?

Have you rolled your fermenter out on those rails when it was full? "

The pictures were taken with the conical full of water. I am trying to figure out the error in either the Johnson or the bi-metal thermometer installed in the fermenter.

The sliders are rated at 300# (used on tool boxes). They are held in place with 4 1/4" SS bolts and then reinforced with aluminum on the outside.

The "metal" strips on the floor are actually 2x6s covered with a self adhesive drawer liner that looks like brushed nickle. I hate painting so I just covered them. They are bolted to the fridge to keep it from tipping when the conical slides out.

The conical is 15 gallons and the freezer is a Frigidaire (I think it is 11.2 cu. ft.) <$400. I picked up the conical on eBay for ~$115.

The Jolly Brewer
Username: Matfink

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have a sick mind Geoff, no home brewery should be that well put together, tidy and organised.

Geoff Buschur

Post Number: 1304
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks!

More brewery pics here: http://home.mindspring.com/~photoalbum/Brewery/

Skotrat
Username: Skotrat

Post Number: 2338
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 05:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wow...

Very nice...

Way too clean though!
"I used to do a little, but the little wouldn't do it, so the little got more and more

I just keep trying to get a little better, said, a little better than before"

Mike Reynolds
Username: Biernewbie

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 03:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it just me or do most homebrewers park outside the garage.

KeepBrewing
Username: Kb7

Post Number: 174
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I really like the fermenter in the track

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: