Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2007 * Archive through May 09, 2007 * Hey Jolly Brewer - B52 < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Spartacus
Username: Spartacus_manly

Post Number: 104
Posted From: 24.128.118.170
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey,

did you ever brew the B52? I sent you 6Row last year but never heard anything about the brew.

Did you use the grain or did you feed some cows the 6Row?

Skotrats Homebrew: http://www.skotrat.com
BrewRats Homebrew Club: http://www.brewrats.org
BBS: http://www.skotrat.com/skotrat/webboard

Chumley
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 4731
Posted From: 63.118.227.254
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Spartacus:

Why don't you post some yeast alternatives for B52, preferably White Labs, in the WLP Whitbread thread?

The Jolly Brewer
Username: Matfink

Post Number: 1532
Posted From: 81.132.152.30
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eeek, I was dreading that question. The answer is.... It's next on my list. I was out of action in the autumn and then it was too cold to have accurate temperature control in the shed where my freezer is. I have the wheat malt and hops on order which should be here this week. I'll be making it as soon as I can. The grain has been well stored so I'm sure it will all go ok. I'll send you a bottle when I'm done, along with a few other offerings. Please accept my apologies at my tardiness, especially after you selfless and generous act.

p.s - good to see you back with a new secret identity.

The Jolly Brewer
Username: Matfink

Post Number: 1534
Posted From: 81.132.152.30
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have German hops on order rather than US versions which are unavailable here. I have german Tettnangs and Hallertau mittlefruh. Obviously this will differ slightly from your version but do you think it will make a lot of difference?

Everything is arriving tomorrow so all being well I can make it next week, and in about two months time a lovely little parcel should arrive at your door!

Hophead
Username: Hophead

Post Number: 2553
Posted From: 68.106.63.184
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

JB, with the relatively small amount of hops in this boring (yet quaffable) brew, you'll be more than fine with those hops!