Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2007 * Archive through May 09, 2007 * Hop my beer < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Peter Roman
Advanced Member
Username: Lilbordr

Post Number: 990
Posted From: 75.176.13.104
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings,
After dealing with nothing but Skotrat's Traqair House Strong Scotch for a week as my sole beer on tap, I've decided to brew a session beer with what I have on hand. While the Scotch is one of my favorite beers of all time I realized that it only took two to put me way past where I wanted to be. As such I am currently mashing 20# of 2-row, and a # of both crystal 60L and munich light. I have a decent hope selection and I was hoping that some of you fellas could build a hop schedule for me. Here is what I have in the way of [pellet] hops:
liberty
perle
willamette
cascades
target
magnum
I'm looking for a pale ale-ish beer. Something that has a hop presence but not one that kicks you in the teeth. I'm toying around in promash and would like to see what you guys do for hop schedule design. BTW, my batch size is 11gal.
Thanks!
Peter 'the kid' Roman

Graham Cox
Username: T2driver

Post Number: 1069
Posted From: 68.32.253.156
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bitter with either Perle or Magnum (or both) to your desired IBU and finish with Cascade, and you'll have a SNPA clone.

Bitter with Target and finish with Willamette (dammit) and you'll have an ESB.

Bitter with Magnum and/or Perle and finish with Liberty for a pale ale with a German flair.

So many choices, and none of them bad!

Peter Roman
Advanced Member
Username: Lilbordr

Post Number: 991
Posted From: 75.176.13.104
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is what I have decided for a schedule:
1oz Magnum @ 60
1oz Perle @ 30
1oz Willamette @ 30
1oz Liberty @ 15
1oz cascade @ Flame out
Total IBU 40.
Cheers!
Peter 'the kid' Roman