Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * The Brewer's Kitchen * Buffalo Chicken HOT HOT HOT < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

David Birdwell
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey All, this is a message I posted in another thread but probably belongs here, give it a try, proportions are alterable to your own taste.:

Boneless Wings:

Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces.

Dip or soak in milk for a minute.

Roll in a mixture of flour, garlic powder, fresh cracked pepper, and ground red pepper.

Repeat the milk dip and flouring.

Fry golden in vegetable oil.

Dip or soak in sauce made from butter, louisiana hot sauce (or sauce of your choice), Honey or brown sugar, garlic powder, cracked pepper, ground red pepper.

Eat. or bake at 350* for 5 min. and re-dip in the sauce before serving.

Eat with cold chunky blue cheese dressing and celery.

Drink lots of cold light ale or lager.

Burp.

Fall over.

The Man From Plaid
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 08:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll have to try your recipe out!

Mine's similar, though I use drumsticks, and less slop in the buffalo dip. Here t'is

Chez Paddies Fubalo Things

Remove the evil, obnoxious skin from the drumsticks. Dip in a mixture of egg and milk ('bout half and half, whipped together). Roll, shake, and otherwise bury each in a mixture of flour, poultry seasoning, salt, COPIOUS quantities of California style garlic powder (coarse garlic powder with parsley), fresh cracked pepper melange (black, white, green and red corns), cayenne pepper, chili powder and a dash of ground cumin.

FRY those bad boys up golden in a pan of hot oil ('bout an inch deep - when the oil just begins to smoke, it's hot enough.) Protect your arms, face, small children - like a crowd of villagers taunting a prisoner in the stocks, they tend to spit. Use tongs to turn 'em, unless you do not value your digits.

In another small saucepan, compine 1 stick butter or margarine with one cup of Frank's Louisianna Hot Sauce (good flavor, but wimpy) Tobasco (a bit better) or your favorite tonsil burner (I like Tobasco blended with a few molecules of Endorphin Rush). Dip each drumstick to coat thoroughly. Serve...

A dipping sauce? Soooooweeeet! How 'bout fresh aeoli?

Take two egg yolks and a tsp of vinegar, and a tsp of mustard powder (prepared mustard, if you like). Put it in a blender (or a jar, if you have a hand blender - a food processor works, too.) and whip that puppy for about a minute. Now, keep the whipping up while slowly pouring in a cup of olive oil (if your bottle is 8.5 ozs, go ahead and use the whole thing. DO NOT use "Virgin" or "Extra-Virgin". You want a nice, sweet green olive oil. Some blends work well, but the virgins are bitter (no pun intended). Canola actually makes a fairly good mayonnaise, too.). Once it's all to a satisfactory, mayonnaise-like (after all - that's what you just made...) consistency, add about 2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice, salt and pepper to tast, and a pinch of dill weed. Crush a clove of garlic and toss that in. Continue processing, using a spatula to move the mayonnaise fronm the walls into the center (for blenders). Once it is all smooth with a loverly garlic aroma, blend in 2 TSP of HOT water to "set" the suspension and lighten its color a tad. Now it's ready for dipping. Toss in some bleu cheese or other tasty things that may appeal to your sense of fire extinguising if you like, but my family loves the aoeli just as is!...

davidw
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

TMFP: It's Friday and I just have to let you know that your posts make me laugh my arse off!

The Man From Plaid
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Davidw: The funny ones, or the serious ones? ;^)

Thanks (I think).

davidw
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you being serious? :)

ischlagen (spider-tn013.proxy.aol.com - 152.163.207.48)
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Made the chicken from the first post last night.... mmmmmmmmmmmm

Spratt (pppa92-resalebentonharbor1-5r7019.dialinx.net - 4.4.39.249)
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey David,

I tried your recipe out the other day & it turned out awsome. I followed the recipe but left out the brown sugar/honey & baking. I added a little Dave's Insanity sauce to the mix to kick er' up a little....

Steve

Cookin in VA (pool-63.49.128.149.bltm.grid.net - 63.49.128.149)
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2001 - 02:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know his is a little off topic, but I really enjoy making slow cooked North Carolina style pork barbeque. Anyway, was looking to spice it up last time so I added a bit of Endorphin Rush (I think The Plaid One above mentioned using it on wings). Gotta watch that stuff real careful. Next time I'll have a lot more homebrew cold before I start eating.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: