Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * The Brewer's Kitchen * Beer with Foods < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Pushaw (152.163.197.209)
Posted on Sunday, March 31, 2002 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking for 2 reference guides:
1) Pairing beer with foods
2) Cooking with beer.
Any books or guides available or do I need to write one?
Richard

Beertracker (68.13.253.125)
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 02:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,
I recomend buying Michael Jackson's 'Ultimate Beer' book by DK Publishing, Inc. It has a section called 'Beer & Food' and he makes some great pairing suggestions. There is also a section called 'Cooking With Beer' and there are some gourmet recipes included from some of the world's greatest chef's. I also have in my library a book called 'Beer For Dummies' and in chapter 7 called 'Cooking & Dining With Beer' there are some helpful tips & suggestions for beer & cuisine. I also subscribe to the Ale Street News and they run a monthly column by Tim Schafer a.k.a the Brewchef. He's always coming up with some outstanding recipes featuring beer. He also has his own website @ www.brewchef.com where you can check out some of his recipes. You might look at amazon.com for the above books. That should get you started in the right direction.
Enjoy---Beertracker

Pushaw (64.12.104.24)
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beertracker,
II went to some of those sites and I found lots of good stuff. And that led to other sites.
Our club had a Cooking with Beer dinner the other night and it was great. Ribs with Brooklyn Chocolate Stout sauce, Wheat Beer whipped potatoes, corn with hop infused butter, Belgium poached salmon,...
Thanks for the help.
Richard

Beertracker (68.13.253.125)
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,
I'm betting the ribs were fabulous. That just sounds damn good! I can't explain it, but there's just something magical about cooking with beer. I made grilled salmon steaks marinated with Christian Merz Spezial Rauchbier last year. Served it with sweet corn & some baby red roasted potatoes glazed with Scotch Bonnet pepper jelly & Paulaner Salvator. Made a vinaigrette with Berliner Kindl Weisse to wake up the greens & served it with homeade beerbread made with Schneider Weisse. Served it up with the same beers. The people in attendance that night keep asking me when the next German beer night is?
PROST! Beertracker

Pushaw (205.188.198.59)
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beertrascker,
One of the guys in the club made a bread pudding. Awesome! Check out www.belgianexperts.com/kitchen.htm for a few more recipes.
Richard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: