Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2008 * Archive through April 27, 2008 * RegOlator Brand regulator < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dave Buchter
Username: Rutherford420

Post Number: 23
Posted From: 69.117.223.197
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks!
My wife (how I do love thee!) managed to find me an old RegOlator brand regulator at work (she's a fire marshal at a local university). It looks similar to this one, though the low side gauge is 0-30psi:
RegOlator
Problem is, and you can see it in the pic, it doesn't have a standard CO2 tank fitting (CGA-320? i think). Also, it seems the inlet stem is brazed in place, so it doesn't seem like I'd be able to remove it easily. I'd love to be able to use this, as I've acquired a second tank, but so far I haven't found any info via Google, on this particular brand. The only marking on it is a stamp that reads "Argon Methane", on the bottom, near the inlet.
I was thinking it would be nice, and possibly easiest, to make up a high pressure hose/adapter, with the appropriate fittings. This would also prevent me from smashing my pretty new regulator when I inevitably knock the tank over!
Any one have any ideas?

JimTanguay
Advanced Member
Username: Pizzaman

Post Number: 708
Posted From: 67.183.219.98
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I was thinking it would be nice, and possibly easiest, to make up a high pressure hose/adapter, with the appropriate fittings"
I don't know anything about that regulator but I would be VERY careful trying to do what you mention. If your hose/adapter blows out you have a missile on your hands.

Dave Buchter
Username: Rutherford420

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 69.117.223.197
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 08:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, considered that! pretty sure SWMBO would end my brewing career, if not my life!! But, I have seen regulators on BeverageFactory (i think) that are available with a hose on the high pressure side.
I was kind of thinking that a high pressure hydraulic (something good for 2000+ psi) hose could be adapted to fit. The regulator "seems" to good for up to 4000psi, so...
The nice thing about that set up is the ability to leave the tank outside the fridge, and the regulator in side.
I'll talk to my bud tonight, he works for a compressed gas co., propane, welding gas, beer gas, etc. He may be able to mod the reg. What kills me is that that inlet nipple is brazed in place. Tamper proof fer sure, but, damn, it could've been so easy!

Dan Listermann
Username: Listermann

Post Number: 5531
Posted From: 216.23.55.202
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might be able to saw the inlet off and drill to retap the inlet to a standard CO2 format. I would be very careful about chips.