Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2009 * Archive through December 01, 2009 * Innovations keg charger. < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

The Jolly Brewer
Username: Matfink

Post Number: 2261
Posted From: 92.235.152.60
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, I might be being a total putz here, but I can;t seem to find the info I'm after online or in the archives.

I've just got one of these but haven't used it yet. The instructions say insert the capsule and pierce it, then screw onto the gas inlet while it is connected to the keg. There is a warning not to connect it to the keg gas in fitting when it is not connected to the keg.

Does this mean you can;t remove it from a the keg and use it on other kegs when it is 'primed'?

Is this what I should do?

Insert capsule. Screw it to pierce it then attach it to the gas inlet fitting when attached to a keg. Use the handle to charge keg. Remove the keg fitting and use it on another keg?

I hope this makes sense....

Bob Wall
Username: Brewdudebob

Post Number: 2906
Posted From: 98.192.7.62
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, it is not that complicated, so relax.

Insert capsule. Screw it to pierce it then attach it to the gas inlet fitting when attached to a keg. Use the handle to charge keg. Remove the keg fitting and use it on another keg?

Yes, you can remove the unit and go from keg to keg. I have removed mine from the keg and gone months without losing any pressure. I think you will enjoy not lugging around a Cylinder to parties.

Steve Jones
Advanced Member
Username: Stevej

Post Number: 666
Posted From: 199.190.8.12
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I always leave mine connected to a gray gas in QD. Just pop the QD off the keg post and onto another one, give it a squeeze and you're good to go.

NEVER squeeze the trigger when it is not connected to a keg. The plastic QDs are not designed to withstand the pressure in these cartridges and can blow apart, spewing broken plastic parts all over the place.

The Jolly Brewer
Username: Matfink

Post Number: 2262
Posted From: 92.235.152.60
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Chaps. That's what I needed to know.

Bob Wall
Username: Brewdudebob

Post Number: 2907
Posted From: 24.248.74.254
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 03:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Steve, One time I pulled the trigger when it was not connected and spent the next hour cleaning the garage in search of the tiny O-Ring

I found it and had a tidy garage as a result.