Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2010 * Archive through January 19, 2010 * Failed K97 test < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Greg Brewer
Username: Greg_r

Post Number: 247
Posted From: 76.222.56.128
Posted on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got around to brewing my alt recipe using K97 yeast. The yeast package did not have any date on it but I guess it was about 2 years old. However, after 48 hours from pitching and absolutely no activity, I gave up waiting and pitched a pack of US05 I kept in reserve. Positive pressure two hours after pitching, and I can see tiny bubbles bursting so at least now it is fermenting.

Of course, the K97 must have been past its prime but the US05 had a use by date of 7/09 so it was past due as well and is now getting the job done. I'm disappointed since this wort was particularly tasty and I had high hopes for good results with the K97.

Guess I've learned my lesson, and with the recent multiplying of dry yeast prices, I think I'll just stick with liquid yeasts.

Marc Rehfuss
Username: Marc_rehfuss

Post Number: 156
Posted From: 199.133.213.245
Posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you tasted the beer yet?