Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Brews and Views Archive 2011 * Archive through December 10, 2011 * Kegerator security < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Paul Hayslett
Username: Paulhayslett

Post Number: 2951
Posted From: 75.67.113.25
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 01:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought this might pique the collective interest:

http://milwaukeemakerspace.org/2011/10/beer-automated-dispensing-and-security-sy stem/

Of course, if you are thinking of using such a system to keep your teenage kids out of your kegerator, you are crazy. They'll have it hacked before you are out of the room.

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 13371
Posted From: 24.150.49.181
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've told this story before. More than 10 years ago I had friends who invited me for a backyard barbecue, not a big bash but more of a small get-together with a total of eight or nine people. I brought a full corny keg of Oktoberfest, which we made a dent in but was still almost half full at the end of the evening. They said I didn't have to haul it home right away; why didn't I stop back the following day (Sunday) for brunch around noon.

When I arrived the keg was spitting foam. It didn't take us long to solve what had happened. Their 20-year-old son had come home after 1:00 am with two friends, and that was the end of it. The kid slept until 1:30 in the afternoon.

Dan Listermann
Username: Listermann

Post Number: 7864
Posted From: 72.49.60.83
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 03:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I keep a keg on tap at the camp's picnic shelter fridge. When I leave, I flip the coupling lever up and lock the padlock on the door. Nothing fancy!