Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * World Expressions * Please elect Kerry < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Ron Siddall
Username: Zardoz

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 04:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All the problems in the world are our fault but if elected, Mr. Kerry will fix them all.

Everyone will then love us and we will all live happily ever after.

Kerry cares.

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 876
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And Bush will end the threat of terrorism worldwide, make Iraq a showcase for democracy, lower your taxes and be guided by his strong personal faith. Dubya cares, too.

Hey, it's politics, not tiddly-winks.

Wykowski
Username: Bigearl

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I voted for both replies above,

because I believe in Illegal wars and the those who oppose them ....
You remember that foul evening when you heard the banshees howl
There was lousy drunken bastards singing 'Billy is in the bowl'
They took you up to midnight mass and left you in the lurch
So you dropped a button in the plate and spewed up in the church

Ron Siddall

Post Number: 68
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Iran is going nuclear!

Please vote Kerry. He will stop that from happening.

Wykowski

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes Ron,

we should invade Iran and 90% of the funding should come from the American taxpayer...

and 90% of the soldiers should be American, we got plenty, whats a few more body bags

I hope your eager to send your children !!!

BUCK FUSH

Joseph Listan
Intermediate Member
Username: Poonstab

Post Number: 255
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, indeed, it should be the children of Republicans that go there first, especially Republican who voted for that wanker. Then send the idiots who vote for him, women or men. Send them all first so we don't have to hear their war-mongering anymore, and they can see what's *really* happening, rather than the sugar-coated candy-ass crap they show on TV, not to mention all the great stuff that is NOT shown...

Put them in the middle of a mortar barrage and see how they vote when ( if ) they come back home.

Ron Siddall

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, you all make fanstastic points!

Send them all to the war.

Remember, on 11/2

Billionaire Kerry Cares!

Ken Anderson
Intermediate Member
Username: Ken75

Post Number: 442
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

George now says the War on Terrorism can be won decisively. It's not at all like the War on Poverty, or the War on Drugs, or the War against Prostitution, etc, etc, etc, where you can at best attempt to keep it under control. No, George implies we can achieve a sound and firm victory in the War on Terrorism. Why, to suggest otherwise is to prove yourself unfit to be Commander in Chief. Now, either Bush or Kerry is out of touch with reality here. The rhetoric sure sounds great though, providing you keep your thinking shallow. My worry is, how many shallow thinkers do we have in this country?
The Bush handlers actually insult my intelligence. I have a hard time watching him on TV. Why does he smirk when talking about serious issues? The guy's public speaking style makes me cringe.

Ron Siddall

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, exactly!

We all want style over substance.

That is why I am voting for Carring Billionaire Kerry!

Ken Anderson
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 443
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My mom doesn't trust Bush because his lips are too thin. Now you know where I get my political leanings.

Joseph Listan
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 256
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why is it that the "billionaire" label is so liberally (pardon the pun) applied to Kerry by the Republicans? F'ing hypocrites!

The Bush family is worth several billion dollars also. They get hundreds of millions from the Saudis every year and they are large stockholders in several chemical, oil, pharmaceutical, and contracting companies (mostly defense contractors).

So what the hell does being a billionaire have to do with it? Bush is a multi-millionaire, at the very minimum. At least Kerry won't sell us out to Argentina for cheap tomatoes to make ketchup.

And IF you think Bush gives even one tiny about *you*, then you ARE an idiot. There, I said it, but note the use of the word "IF". Knock off the hypocrisy, it only hurts your argument. Bush is richer than Kerry.

Bill Pierce

Post Number: 882
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

American politics is about access to money. The modern Presidents who were only comfortably off (Nixon, Ford, Carter and Clinton) rather than multi-millionaires certainly didn't suffer financially for their time in the White House. Bush plays to his West Texas upbringing and Kerry mentions his birth in a military hospital, but they both went to Yale and hardly know personally what it's like to worry about paying the bills or shopping for bargains.

Brewtun
Username: Brewtun

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An open letter to John Kerry.....

John Kerry, YOU SUCK!

Chumley
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 2387
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If Kerry is a billionaire, then he probably will be voting for W. All the rest of them are. Check out:

http://billionairesforbush.com/index.php

Denny Conn
Username: Denny

Post Number: 3699
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brewtun, I'm really imnpressed by your logic and reasoning...
LIfe begins at 60...1.060, that is.

Brian Garber
Username: Bgarber

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

At least Kerry won't sell us out to Argentina for cheap tomatoes to make ketchup.

Too late. Kerry voted yea for H.R. 3450, also known as NAFTA, November 20, 1993. Roll call #395 in the 103rd session.

Bush is richer than Kerry.

Is that before or after Teresa gives Johnny-boy his allowance?

Ron Siddall

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Brewtun, I'm really imnpressed by your logic and reasoning..."

Denny, Listy is doing the exact same thing only using more words to say it (lack of a college education perhaps?). Yet I saw no comment from you directed at him like you directed at Brewtun.

Should we be impressed with your fair and balanced observations?

Denny Conn
Username: Denny

Post Number: 3703
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, you should take it for what it is...
LIfe begins at 60...1.060, that is.

Ron Siddall

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 04:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's too bad. I thought you better than that.

My mistake.

Joseph Listan
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 262
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 05:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is just pathetic, Ron. Truly flaccid. Can you really not do any better than *that*? You have got to be the weakest troll I've ever seen. You are boring me now.

Brewtun
Username: Brewtun

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 07:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Denny,
If logic and reasoning is a requisite in politics then no one would vote for Kerry. By the way ....there's no "N" in impressed.

Ron,
Don't mind Denny. He has it out for me because I think that Cascades hops suck too!

(Message edited by brewtun on October 25, 2004)

Ron Siddall
Username: Listerdister

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, Joey.

Perfect example of liberal tolerance on display here, eh?

So now I am a "troll" simply for engaging in a little political debate?

Just remember, your vote will mean nothing as mine will cancel yours out. A sacrifice that I will enthusiastically make on 11/2.

Wykowski

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 08:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If logic and reasoning is a requisite in politics then no one would vote for Kerry.

never any substance ...

Ken Anderson
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 445
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am I missing something here?

1) George removes Saddam
2) Terrorists move in
3) 380 tons of high-grade explosives are missing
4) George says we are safer now

Joseph Listan
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 263
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ken,

Do not bother with inconvenient facts.

Baseless assertions only, please.

ELK
Advanced Member
Username: Elkski

Post Number: 912
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 01:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What concerns me?
The Supreme court has had the same roster for a decade, the longest in history, and I am worried very much about the next Pres. having the chance to chair 3 appointees.
Am I going to have SS in 20 years?
Am I going to have a chance to get 2 triple bypass surgeries, some stints, and a pacemaker like my father-in-law?
The war is a big issue but I think both candidates are going to do whatever it takes to not make all the deaths a waste. We will leave when we can. Whether we have any positive world opinion when its all said and done is another issue. I also worry about politicians pandering to the voters (old, educated, religious, etc) and not to the general public. I am prochoice. I am against gun control. I think the public education results are a mess. I blame the parents too. I don't like the electoral college system. I don't like the two party system. Like I said before here in Utah my vote doesn't matter. Bush will get 78% of the vote because that is what the Mormon church wants. I have signed up with votepair.org to trade my vote. But for you guys in the swing states enjoy your power and do the right thing.
ELK

Bill Rehm
Username: Lwr

Post Number: 63
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 12:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kerry supporters have nothing to worry about, I believe he will win without much problem. At least he will if the other "swing" state are as messed up as Wisconsin is. I will go and cast my vote for President G. Bush next Tuesday, but my vote will surely be nullified by the 10's of thousand fraudulent votes cast in Wisconsin alone. The city of Milwaukee, run by the democrats, requested and received 300,000 more ballots than eligible voters. Think about it!

Bill Pierce

Post Number: 956
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 01:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't think either party has a corner on voting shenanigans, Bill. In addition to the problems you mention, there are also so-called "election monitors" in some cities whose unspoken goal is to intimidate and discourage the participation of those who seldom vote. Political strategists who think "playing hardball" is the way to ensure their candidates' election work against both themselves and the American political system. Election irregularities are a major problem that needs to be addressed by a joint Presidential/Congressional commission with far-reaching investigative and administrative powers. The notion of the US as a truly democratic nation is in jeopardy.

Bill Rehm

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The voter/supression that the left is always touting is a fantasy cooked up by the left, if anyone will be intimidating voters and poll workers on the 2nd it will be the hundreds of Demotratic lawyers sniffing around the polls. Remember it was the democrats that didn't want to count the thousands of military absentee ballots in Florida in 2000.

The best way to solve this problem is to REQUIRE a government issued photo ID to vote. At least here in Wisconsin the dems have struck that idea down at every turn.

When I cast my vote on Tuesday, I really hate this early voting thing, I will not be voting for my situation I will be voting for my daughter's future. We will never again see a world like I grew up in, terrorism can never be reduced to a nuisance like gambling or prostitution. Will it ever be stopped, probally not. The Jews and Muslims have been fighting in the Mid-East for thousands of years, not even Jimmy Carter could stop it.

As far as the notion of the US as a truly democratic nation, that ended about 228 years ago when the founding fathers created this republic.

Bill Rehm

Post Number: 65
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The voter/supression that the left is always touting is a fantasy cooked up by the left, if anyone will be intimidating voters and poll workers on the 2nd it will be the hundreds of Demotratic lawyers sniffing around the polls. Remember it was the democrats that didn't want to count the thousands of military absentee ballots in Florida in 2000.

The best way to solve this problem is to REQUIRE a government issued photo ID to vote. At least here in Wisconsin the dems have struck that idea down at every turn.

When I cast my vote on Tuesday, I really hate this early voting thing, I will not be voting for my situation I will be voting for my daughter's future. We will never again see a world like I grew up in, terrorism can never be reduced to a nuisance like gambling or prostitution. Will it ever be stopped, probally not. The Jews and Muslims have been fighting in the Mid-East for thousands of years, not even Jimmy Carter could stop it.

As far as the notion of the US as a truly democratic nation, that ended about 228 years ago when the founding fathers created this republic.

Bill Pierce

Post Number: 958
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill, for the sake of the discussion I will mention this New York Times editorial: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/30/opinion/30sat3.html?ex=1099800000&en=7fd474952 a3ad9ba&ei=5043&partner=EXCITE

Yes, I know the NYT has endorsed John Kerry and is a vocal critic of the war in Iraq. I also would suspect that you and the news sources you read have branded the Times as a left-wing thorn in the side of the nation.

At this point we should be less strident and partisan and recognize that the current political rhetoric is part of the problem rather than the solution. There seems to be less room than ever for thoughtful discussion and those in the middle. Everyone needs to believe that their vote counts--and that it is counted fairly and correctly.

Bill Rehm

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All of the local TV news in S.E. Wisconsin if left slanted as is the news paper. But that does not change the facts that the City of Milwaukee has 300,000 more ballot than eligible voters, not registered voters. In addtion to that, well over 5000 adresses on the voter rolls are either non-existant or vacant lots. The law in Wisco says you need an address to vote, however the election commission of the city and the state (both run by the Dems) let it slide.

The tollerent left has stepped it up a notch this year. Will my vote be nullified, no question in my mind, Kerry will take Wisconsin in a landslide, as will Russ Finegold (US Senate).

At least I can rest easy, all those tax breaks for the us rich repulbicans helped me out. Funny how I never would have thought of myself as rich until Kerry and Edwards told me I was. Who is out of touch? My wife and I both work 40+ hours a week at "professional" type jobs combined we bring in less than $85K, I guess that is rich. Well I'm off to buy a new Ferrari and hang with the rest of my rich friends.

Bill Pierce

Post Number: 960
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill, I'd hardly write off Wisconsin for Kerry. Gore's very slim margin of victory in 2000 and both candiates' frequent appearances there this year are evidence to the contrary. By comparison, voters in neighboring and much more populous Illinois must feel like they're in political Siberia.

In fact my wife saw the video of John Kerry with Bruce Springsteen at the foot of the State Capitol in Madison and asked, "What's he doing there? Does anyone in Madison even recognize that George Bush was ever elected President in the first place?"

Bill Rehm

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To tell you the truth, I don't think Kerry is enought of a Liberal Democrat for Madison, or as it is better known in Wiscon The Peoples Republic of Madison. I thought it was strange as well, why did he waste time there, he could have spent the time in in areas that are more right slanted.

I often joke with friends that I need to register at the city limits so they can keep tabs on my "right-wing" ideas. I'm not sure if you can live in Madison if you are a Republican.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: