Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * World Expressions * NASCAR < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Roger Herpst
Username: Roger456

Post Number: 175
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now, the NASCAR topic was brought up on the other side of the B&V, but I'm interested to know if anybody else (other than me, that is) might be more interested in stock car racing if they raced, you know, stock cars?

Sure, you wouldn't have the speed, but you could make up for that with more road races and the like.

Before I say this next part, let me say that I am a Chevy kind of guy who built up a 67 Impala (damn, that wagon was HOT) and I like a gigantic throaty V8. Frankly, though, I think that the competition from the Japanese auto makers would be too much for the GM, Ford, Dodge teams (although they are now starting to release more turbo/supercharged equipped models, but those might need a separate division).

What this kind of NASCAR would do, I think, is reinvigorate the American brands by recreating the race on Sunday, buy on Monday effect that stock car racing had in the 60s and 70s. Think of the IROC Camaro. Who is inspired to buy a freaking front wheel drive taurus based on last weekends race??

It would be nice to see a return of geniune factory teams and a broader representation of makes. Not to mention that this would broaden the appeal of NASCAR, and make them a boatload more money. I'm just not sure that the owners of NASCAR are brave enough to do something like this.

Okierat
Username: Okierat

Post Number: 68
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dude, I am sorry but when you say NASCAR this is what I see

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: