Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * World Expressions * My Consolation < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Bob Wall
Username: Brewdudebob

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 03:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Packers may have lost to the Giants, and it was definitely one hell of a game! My Hats off to the G-Men.

But I rest with the knowledge that My Father is #26 on the list for Green Bay Packer Season Tickets. Last year he was #38, and the year before he was #44. He got on the list in 1974.

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 8384
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm curious, Bob. Can season tickets be inherited?

OK, so Favre can be accused of throwing another one away. He's also thrown more than a few in the right direction. The same can be said of a number of the other great quarterbacks.

I suppose a Pats-Giants rematch is good from a media and advertising standpoint, but I was kind of looking forward to them facing the Pack.

(Message edited by BillPierce on January 21, 2008)

dhacker
Username: Dhacker

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's no question in my mind that the cold affected Farve more than it did Manning. You could tell Brett was uncomfortable . . that is somewhat ironic, thinking the weather could have been a detriment for the Pack at Lambeau.

The real reason the Pack lost is the entourage of loyal Packer hating supporters the Giants brought with them. I'm certain I saw a Giants hard hat wearing, bare chested, Bud Light drinkin' Mike Huss on camera one time in the second half . . .

(Message edited by dhacker on January 21, 2008)

Bob Wall

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Bill, Packer Tickets can be inherited as can your spot in line.

Mike Huss
Username: Mikhu

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, you caught me, I was there!

Seriously though, I actually wanted the Packers to win because I didn't think the Giants deserved to be there.

As for Brett, he's NEVER liked playing in the cold. (lightweight Mississippi boy!) He's always hated it and he's never hid that fact. It just seems to be affecting him more nowadays though.

We had my wife's family over yesterday for a birthday party for one of our girls and for the Packer game. The father-in-law was pretty funny, he was telling Favre to "just retire already" by the end of the game.

I can't believe I have to cheer for the Pats in the big game, but given the choices I have that's what I have to do. The Giants are not worthy.

Chumley
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 5252
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hahaha, the Giants are not worthy. They most definitely ARE worthy, compared to "Yoko Romo"!

Even this old Iggles fan will be pulling for the G-men. Anyone but the Cheatriots!

Mike Huss

Post Number: 1824
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chumley, you aren't a real fan of the Iggles if you can cheer for the Jints. There should be no bone in your body that can cheer for another NFC East team.

I'm pretty sure Romo outplayed Eli in their playoff game. It wasn't his fault they lost.

David Lewinnek
Intermediate Member
Username: Davelew

Post Number: 403
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Responding to Chumley's "cheatriots" dig...

Do you think the videotaping was worse, or the Rodney Harrison blood test that showed he'd been taking HGH? I'm surprised that people ignore the juicing and fixate on the taping scandal, which was really videotaping from the wrong location (from the sideline instead of from the stands or, if home team agrees, endzone).

caveat: I've been a Patriots fan since 1994, so I'm clearly biased.

Chumley

Post Number: 5254
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 09:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Definitely the videotaping, as that was an organizational activity, as opposed to an individual activity (Harrison on performance enhancing drugs).

Of course, the culture of cheating has been going on there who knows how long, and the fact that Rodney Harrison accepted a shipment of HGH before the 2004 Super Bowl, has me declaring the Iggles to be the rightful (i.e., non-cheating) winners of Super Bowl XXXIX...

Bob Wall

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 03:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My other consolation:

Chumley

Post Number: 5278
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 03:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HA!

Mike Huss.....CRY IN YER BEER!

All of us....who enjoy ordinary civilized discourses and root for whoever BEATS THE COWGIRLS, are quite happy now.

dhacker
Username: Dhacker

Post Number: 1338
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 05:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AWESOME game!

David Lewinnek
Intermediate Member
Username: Davelew

Post Number: 413
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations to the Giants and their fans.

Now those of us in Boston can get back to the true meaning of being a Boston sports fan: misery and disappointment.

Mike Huss

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chumley, your post is dripping with so much irony it's hilarious.

To be honest once the game started I couldn't cheer for the Cheatriots either. I was actually unable to cheer for either one. I found myself waiting for both of them to screw up so I could laugh at them, but that didn't happen much either.

I think that's the first time I've ever watched a Super Bowl and was unable to pick someone I wanted to win.

Chumley

Post Number: 5279
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Couldn't root for the Cheatriots? That's puzzling, being since New England and Dallas suffer from the same problem, that is, their star quarterbacks are distracted by beautiful celebrity girlfriends. I would think there would be a little empathy on your part.

Randy Ricchi
Username: Bigr

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 03:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As a Packer fan, this game made me feel better about the Packer loss to the Giants. At least that loss wasn't a fluke. It was to a very good football team.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: